The Student Room Group

Does anyone else who is single feel pressured to find a partner?

I've been single for the longest and for the most part I've been okay with it. I have social anxiety and suffer from depression so I'm likely not in the right frame of mind to be dating anyway. However, the more I see people in my age range (I'm 30) partnering up or getting married, I feel pressured to have to do the same. The thing is it takes effort to date and I'm a little stuck in my ways at this point. Does anyone feel the same?
Not really, I just let most of that talk go in one ear and out the other.
I’m not going to get into a relationship for the sake of it. Just waiting for the right person to show up in my life.
Nope :creep:
yes
not at all
Hey I mean there's no real pressure tp be honest with you. If love happens then it happens. You shouldn't feel like you have to have a partner. You will find someone trust me just let it happen naturally. I took the wrong direction tried too hard to find someone and let my career slip now 23 at uni and I suppose i have got lucky because I like someone who is on my course the point is don't worry too much about it you just do what you want to in life and love will occur naturally
Reply 8
No pressure at all. The older you get without a relationship, the more you have to work hard on yourself and then make women work hard to get access to everything you offer. I always say to my single friends in their 30's (and I have a lot of them): when you've spent your entire 20's staying single, getting rejected all the time, why would you give yourself away to the first girl that comes along when we know full well the same girl would not have said yes to dating you in your 20's?

My answer to you is to first manage your depression and social anxiety. Women are emotionally unstable enough as it is - they need a man who is well put together, stable in the face of adversity and rises to the challenge of managing things when she can't. Get your mental health in order, do things to improve your confidence such as playing a sport or going to the gym, keep pursuing your career ambitions etc. All these things a man needs to focus on before looking for a woman to invite into his life.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending