What's the roughest part of the UK

Watch
Dimwit10000
Badges: 2
Rep:
? You'll earn badges for being active around the site. Rep gems come when your posts are rated by other community members.
Report Thread starter 1 month ago
Go on have a bash
hotpud
Badges: 16
Rep:
? You'll earn badges for being active around the site. Rep gems come when your posts are rated by other community members.
Report 1 month ago
(Original post by Dimwit10000)
Go on have a bash
For me, it has got to be either Cornwall or the Pennines. Granite and gritstone are some of the roughest rocks I have encountered!
looloo2134
Badges: 15
Rep:
Report 1 month ago
Living in greater London the area i live in now is probably the best area of London. It has very low crime rate but expensive rents and house prices. It has a high number of people who have retired and their adult children still living with them.

The area has a large number of liberal Jews with a couple of synagogues and middle class Hindus who send their children to the expensive private schools.

Nobody wants to live in a area with high crime when their about to have families. Its okey for singletons with well paying jobs to live in rough parts of London their not much affected by local crime.

But for less well off people they often the victims of crimes and can be afraid.
Last edited by looloo2134; 1 month ago
londonmyst
Badges: 18
Rep:
Report 1 month ago
Glasgow, Manchester, Middlesbrough and Newcastle- very rough accents. :eek:
My father is a very noisy manc.
Quady
Badges: 20
Rep:
Report 1 month ago
(Original post by londonmyst)
Glasgow, - very rough accents. :eek:
Nothing compared to Abedonians
minpum
Badges: 4
Rep:
Report 1 month ago
(Original post by Dimwit10000)
Go on have a bash
There is an area in Liverpool where Labour get about 80 per cent of the vote.

It is also considered the poorest area of the UK.

So this
Quady
Rep:
Report 1 month ago
(Original post by minpum)
There is an area in Liverpool where Labour get about 80 per cent of the vote.

It is also considered the poorest area of the UK.

So this
Where the heck in Liverpool is that....??
Rakas21
Badges: 21
Rep:
Report 1 month ago
https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Live..._constituency)
hotpud
Badges: 16
Rep:
Report 1 month ago
(Original post by Quady)
Where the heck in Liverpool is that....??
Liverpool is about as red as it gets. But there are deprived areas all over the county. Outside London one of the most affluent places is around Macclesfield where all the footballers live. Yet in Macclesfield there are some pretty grim estates.
StriderHort
Rep:
Report 1 month ago
London, By far highest chance to get stabbed/ran over/acid burned for no reason and far higher cost to live in for the risk you get.
looloo2134
Rep:
Report 1 month ago
(Original post by StriderHort)
London, By far highest chance to get stabbed/ran over/acid burned for no reason and far higher cost to live in for the risk you get.
London a lot better place to live in than liverpool
StriderHort
Rep:
Report 1 month ago
(Original post by looloo2134)
London a lot better place to live in than liverpool
I've honestly never been to Liverpool or even nearby. If you asked me right now 'In terms of random crime and attacks, where do you most not want to be in the UK?' yep, London. And I say that from Glasgow. (The idea that the Met Police would have power over me is horrifying also)
looloo2134
Rep:
Report 1 month ago
(Original post by StriderHort)
I've honestly never been to Liverpool or even nearby. If you asked me right now 'In terms of random crime and attacks, where do you most not want to be in the UK?' yep, London. And I say that from Glasgow. (The idea that the Met Police would have power over me is horrifying also)
Having been to liverpool i say your more likely to be random victim of crime there then London. London is bigger and it more newsworthy when crime happens.

You might be in London statically more likely to be the victim of terrorism as it the capital city
username4522078
Rep:
Report 1 month ago
Cleveland, Yorkshire, highest crime rate in the country.
gjd800
Rep:
Report 1 month ago
(Original post by looloo2134)
Having been to liverpool i say your more likely to be random victim of crime there then London. London is bigger and it more newsworthy when crime happens.

You might be in London statically more likely to be the victim of terrorism as it the capital city
You're basing this on 'having been to' Liverpool?
Johnnava
Badges: 10
Rep:
Report 1 month ago
Rotherham
East London
Bradford
Luton
Birmingham
Rakas21
Rep:
Report 1 month ago
I should have also added that Bradford or Hull would be my punts albeit Sheffield is not much better.
Gaddafi
Rep:
Report 1 month ago
London. I can't think of anywhere else where you're more likely to get stabbed.
imlikeahermit
Badges: 14
Rep:
Report 1 month ago
The north.
looloo2134
Rep:
Report 1 month ago
(Original post by Gaddafi)
London. I can't think of anywhere else where you're more likely to get stabbed.
Glasgow
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

When did you submit your Ucas application if you applied to go to university this year?

September 2021 (12)
6%
October 2021 (97)
48.5%
November 2021 (20)
10%
December 2021 (30)
15%
January 2021 (16)
8%
I still haven't submitted it yet! (20)
10%