people who are grade 4/5 on higher

Watch
Anon346775
Badges: 20
Rep:
? You'll earn badges for being active around the site. Rep gems come when your posts are rated by other community members.
Report Thread starter 1 month ago
does that mean you don’t attempt half the questions?
AmIReallyHere
Rep:
? You'll earn badges for being active around the site. Rep gems come when your posts are rated by other community members.
Report 1 month ago
How many questions you attempt doesn't really mean anything? - for example for History (there is no higher paper but) you can miss an entire section and still get a 9 while someone could have attempted every question and gotten a 1

Getting a grade 4/5 depends on the score, however if you were aiming for a 4/5 you would be most likely put in the Foundation paper
Anon346775
Rep:
(Original post by AmIReallyHere)
How many questions you attempt doesn't really mean anything? - for example for History (there is no higher paper but) you can miss an entire section and still get a 9 while someone could have attempted every question and gotten a 1

Getting a grade 4/5 depends on the score, however if you were aiming for a 4/5 you would be most likely put in the Foundation paper
I was in the second top set and my class aimed to pass meaning 4/5 with higher. Anyone below that went down. We did grade 7 work in class I managed it, and managed grade 8/9.
Last edited by Anon346775; 1 month ago
rosy_posy
Badges: 18
Rep:
Report 1 month ago
No, getting a grade 4/5 means the person finds the subject difficult - otherwise, they would have gotten a higher grade.
Anon346775
Rep:
(Original post by rosy_posy)
No, getting a grade 4/5 means the person finds the subject difficult - otherwise, they would have gotten a higher grade.
but I did grade 8/9 work in class, exams is more about application than just knowing it thats why I didnt do well. My class in set 2 aimed to pass higher with 4/5. I rushed questions that I didnt understand, meaning I guessed for them, and the ones I knew I took my time on. I should have prepared more as the first year of new GCSEs (2017) paper was from the mathswatch clips. Teacher predicted me a 7 and I always managed to do harder topics and not the easy ones.
Anon346775
Rep:
I did AS Level Maths after getting a 5 at GCSE and got As at AS level.
skylark2
Rep:
Report 1 month ago
How many times are you going to post this same tale?

It was 2017 - four years ago. You got a mediocre grade, and it wasn't exactly a surprise since you were in a set where everyone was expected to get a mediocre grade. If you want a better grade, there's nothing stopping you retaking it as an adult. If not, it's time to move on.
rosy_posy
Rep:
Report 1 month ago
(Original post by Anon346775)
but I did grade 8/9 work in class, exams is more about application than just knowing it thats why I didnt do well. My class in set 2 aimed to pass higher with 4/5. I rushed questions that I didnt understand, meaning I guessed for them, and the ones I knew I took my time on. I should have prepared more as the first year of new GCSEs (2017) paper was from the mathswatch clips. Teacher predicted me a 7 and I always managed to do harder topics and not the easy ones.
There you go, that's your reason.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

When did you submit your Ucas application if you applied to go to university this year?

September 2021 (36)
7.2%
October 2021 (223)
44.6%
November 2021 (59)
11.8%
December 2021 (64)
12.8%
January 2021 (60)
12%
I still haven't submitted it yet! (43)
8.6%