AspiringProdigy
Badges: 1
Rep:
? You'll earn badges for being active around the site. Rep gems come when your posts are rated by other community members.
Report Thread starter 1 month ago
Hi,
I recently moved school in the middle of of they year I was about to begin my mocks.

The fact is I moved to a new school and i felt lonelier than everrrr.

I didnt have friends and school for me was hell when i moved.

Ive been doing my mocks havent got the results yet currently but convinced i failed most of them are only failed one subject.

Because i moved school the units was a big change especially for maths.

Since the course specifications were the same i thought id learn the same stuff and it wouldnt be a problem.

But the stuff they were doing at my current school was really advanced.

i didnt have notes to help me like the other students did nor did my teacher give me any so it was really hard to do the work in class and revise at home.
My teacher was absoulute dog **** she didnt give a single flying **** about me.

I felt bad because a month before the exam my dad got me a virtual tutor who was teaching me and i did understand most of the stuff she was teaching me. But what made me feel bad was that my dad spent a lot of money on it and for me to completely flunk it was frustrating than ever. What made me feel even worse was that my parents still had the smile on their faces hiding the dissapointment from me because they knew i was upset.

im pretty sure maths was the only one i failed but i just feel more worse than ever.

I plan to get a physical tutor and learn from this.
i just needed guidance as my anxiety completely taken over, my hand keeps shaking and ppl have noticed this, ifeel uneasy all the time and feel like instantly breaking down whenever someone brings up my mocks. I just wanted some advice on how to overcome the anxiety cause it really does affect my revision and also tips on how to get good marks for the real exam.
Advertisement
Cote1
Badges: 20
Rep:
? You'll earn badges for being active around the site. Rep gems come when your posts are rated by other community members.
Report 1 month ago
I would contact your doctor and get a referral for therapy for CBT. Maybe try a good CBT book whilst you are waiting to be seen. Does the school have a post 16 team or counsellor you can see?
Last edited by Cote1; 1 month ago
Tz4ey
Badges: 4
Rep:
Report 1 month ago
(Original post by Cote1)
I would contact your doctor and get a referral for therapy for CBT. Maybe try a good CBT book whilst you are waiting to be seen. Does the school have a post 16 team or counsellor you can see?
im in uni.
Advertisement
Cote1
Rep:
Report 1 month ago
(Original post by Tz4ey)
im in uni.
Can you still get a referral for CBT? Is there a university counselling service?
Tz4ey
Badges: 4
Rep:
Report 1 month ago
(Original post by Cote1)
Can you still get a referral for CBT? Is there a university counselling service?
yes there is. if i apply what will it be like? what will they say? do they contact my parents?
Advertisement
Cote1
Rep:
Report 1 month ago
(Original post by Tz4ey)
yes there is. if i apply what will it be like? what will they say? do they contact my parents?
I am sure it will be fine. You are technically an adult so I don't see why they would contact your parents.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

What is your favourite revision method?

Taking notes manually (35)
22.44%
Note taking apps (5)
3.21%
Flashcards (29)
18.59%
Revision guides (5)
3.21%
Past papers (76)
48.72%
Something else (let us know in the thread) (6)
3.85%

Watched Threads

Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise