-novice-
Badges: 13
Rep:
? You'll earn badges for being active around the site. Rep gems come when your posts are rated by other community members.
Report Thread starter 1 month ago
How do you write an A* 1000 word essay based on your artefact and an A* literature review for my EPQ?

I really need help with it.
_Rusty_
Badges: 19
Rep:
? You'll earn badges for being active around the site. Rep gems come when your posts are rated by other community members.
Report 1 month ago
(Original post by -novice-)
How do you write an A* 1000 word essay based on your artefact and an A* literature review for my EPQ?

I really need help with it.
The biggest thing with your EPQ is the log book. Make sure that is full. Apart from that, speak to your supervisor. Really they get weak at the knees is your log book is good
-novice-
Rep:
(Original post by chris01928)
the biggest thing with your epq is the log book. Make sure that is full. apart from that, speak to your supervisor. Really they get weak at the knees is your log book is good
omg do you have any tips i need major help 😫 😁😁😁
EOData
Badges: 16
Rep:
Report 1 month ago
omg do you have any tips i need major help 😫 😁😁😁
All this applies even if you don't do OCR. Look at the Future Learn course link.

Is your teacher no use? They should be able to give you clear guidance.
Last edited by EOData; 1 month ago
-novice-
Rep:
(Original post by EOData)
All this applies even if you don't do OCR. Look at the Future Learn course link.

Is your teacher no use? They should be able to give you clear guidance.
my exam board is OCR, I can ask but I don't know if i can she might be the one grading it 😆 I'd prefer other experiences too who have gotten high grades from it as she won't exactly tell me how to do that.
_Rusty_
Rep:
Report 1 month ago
my exam board is OCR, I can ask but I don't know if i can she might be the one grading it 😆 I'd prefer other experiences too who have gotten high grades from it as she won't exactly tell me how to do that.
We won't know how to write your essay but really it is sticking to the MS. My supervisor marked my EPQ and he was free to give me pointers
-novice-
Rep:
We won't know how to write your essay but really it is sticking to the MS. My supervisor marked my EPQ and he was free to give me pointers
Alrightie, if that is the case then I will ask. Would you say I am allowed to get it checked by them before it gets checked for the final marking again?
I.e to see room for improvements.
EOData
Badges: 16
Rep:
Report 1 month ago
She's your teacher and should be explaining to you how to undertake an EPQ, regardless of whether she's marking it or not. (Her mark will be internally moderated and then externally moderated by the exam board anyway).
Last edited by EOData; 1 month ago
_Rusty_
Rep:
Report 1 month ago
Alrightie, if that is the case then I will ask. Would you say I am allowed to get it checked by them before it gets checked for the final marking again?
I.e to see room for improvements.
Yes absolutely, as EOData said, it gets moderated, they want the best for you, they won't write it for you but they can give you advice
-novice-
Rep:
Yes absolutely, as EOData said, it gets moderated, they want the best for you, they won't write it for you but they can give you advice
Alrightie I'll ask for sure! thank youu!
-novice-
Rep:
The biggest thing with your EPQ is the log book. Make sure that is full. Apart from that, speak to your supervisor. Really they get weak at the knees is your log book is good
Do you have an example of where I can make them weak on their knees with my project log book? haha
_Rusty_
Rep:
Report 1 month ago
Do you have an example of where I can make them weak on their knees with my project log book? haha
Literally, just make sure you fill it in to the best of your ability. A large portion of the marks go to that
char542390
Badges: 3
Rep:
Report 1 month ago
I also found that they like if your EPQ is a 'journey', that you overcame some problems that you didn't necessarily predict. I defo exaggerated them to a large extent and I guess it worked.
_Rusty_
Rep:
Report 1 month ago
(Original post by char542390)
I also found that they like if your EPQ is a 'journey', that you overcame some problems that you didn't necessarily predict. I defo exaggerated them to a large extent and I guess it worked.
PRSOM :lol:
Cote1
Badges: 20
Rep:
Report 1 month ago
Fill your log in regularly in detail. It may help if you buy an EPQ book off Amazon.
There are two Futurelearn courses you can maybe do. One is on the nuts and bolts of an EPQ. The other is on how to research.
Last edited by Cote1; 1 month ago
-novice-
Rep:
(Original post by char542390)
ooo good idea, do you have any tips?
-novice-
Rep:
(Original post by Cote1)
Fill your log in regularly in detail. It may help if you buy an EPQ book off Amazon.
There are two Futurelearn courses you can maybe do. One is on the nuts and bolts of an EPQ. The other is on how to research.
I've started looking at the future learn course hehe 😁
-novice-
Rep:
Literally, just make sure you fill it in to the best of your ability. A large portion of the marks go to that
i just don't understand what to put in there haha , like your challenges along the way?
_Rusty_
Rep:
Report 1 month ago
i just don't understand what to put in there haha , like your challenges along the way?
Were you able to get all the resources straight away?
Was it easy to write the essay?
Was COVID a problem?
What would you do differently?
did you use your time effectively?
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

When did you submit your Ucas application if you applied to go to university this year?

September 2021 (38)
6.51%
October 2021 (261)
44.69%
November 2021 (70)
11.99%
December 2021 (74)
12.67%
January 2021 (75)
12.84%
I still haven't submitted it yet! (47)
8.05%