Biochemistry- Bristol, Leeds and Manchester

Watch this thread
ConnieFox
Badges: 14
Rep:
? You'll earn badges for being active around the site. Rep gems come when your posts are rated by other community members.
Report Thread starter 6 months ago
Hello!

I am having trouble choosing between Bristol, Leeds and Manchester as a firm for Biochemistry and would really appreciate a discussion about the courses and cities with any biochem students from these unis.

Currently, I like the course at Bristol the most, but love Leeds university and the city and can see myself studying there the most. However I am unsure about the course. If anyone is on/ has done these courses I'd love to here about your experiences.

Thanks
opetai
Badges: 5
Rep:
? You'll earn badges for being active around the site. Rep gems come when your posts are rated by other community members.
Report 6 months ago
I'm in the same position, I'm stuck between Bristol and Leeds. Bristol is the more respected university but Leeds is an amazing city and I see myself living there more than in Bristol. Have you had any further help?
ConnieFox
Rep:
(Original post by opetai)
I'm in the same position, I'm stuck between Bristol and Leeds. Bristol is the more respected university but Leeds is an amazing city and I see myself living there more than in Bristol. Have you had any further help?
Unfortunately not I’m so stuck honestly, because I much prefer the course at Bristol but Leeds is just so much nicer as a student city.
What course are you applying for?
opetai
Rep:
Report 6 months ago
I’m applying for biochemistry too! I have the same issues as you, I think i’m just going to make a pros and cons table
ConnieFox
Rep:
Oh cool! We might end up on the same course yeah that’s a good idea I might do that too. Let me know if you come to any conclusions!
livhemmings
Badges: 1
Rep:
Report 4 months ago
Hi, did either of you make a decision? Am in a similar position!
ConnieFox
Rep:
Report Thread starter 3 months ago
Hi! Currently it's looking like Bristol for me. Ultimately I think I'm gonna put the better course over the better city so Bristol is my firm. I think I realised my preference for Leeds as a city was so small, it didn't matter so much.
Plus (I know this shouldn't influence things but I can't help it), a fair few of my friends are going there too so it seems the best option for me.
How about you?
opetai
Rep:
Report 3 months ago
Hi, I'm also leaning towards Bristol. I'm going to the offer holder day this Saturday to fully look around facilities and explore the city
ConnieFox
Rep:
Oh cool! I can’t make it to any of them unfortunately so if it’s possible could you let me know what it’s like? I’ve visited the city but it wasn’t an open day so I haven’t seen the facilities. Would love to hear what you think
opetai
Rep:
Report 3 months ago
Hi, the lecture room is really nice- the seats are very comfortable. And the labs are really nice, we got to use some of the equipment (they even have a section of the model that watson and crick made back in the 60s on display)!
opetai
Rep:
Report 3 months ago
I visited Leeds uni today and honestly i’ve changed my mind. The labs are nicer and bigger than the ones at Bristol (well nicer than the ones they showed us when i visited) and I felt much more “at home” than at Bristol. But that was just me. I really recommend you visit the unis before you decide, you never know how you feel when you get there
ConnieFox
Rep:
Yeah that's a good point, I'm just annoyingly not free for any of the open days. I've visited both cities and walked around campus but obviously couldn't go inside. I was really set on Bristol before but now I'm not sure..
opetai
Rep:
Report 3 months ago
Just go with what felt right😊 Which one did you feel more “at home” at?
ConnieFox
Rep:
Report Thread starter 1 month ago
Hi, sorry i never got round to responding! Just thought I'd update you. I've firmed Bristol and am now looking at accommodation. What about you?
opetai
Rep:
Report 4 weeks ago
I firmed Bristol too! I’ve applied for accommodation. Would you like to chat privately?

(Original post by ConnieFox)
Hi, sorry i never got round to responding! Just thought I'd update you. I've firmed Bristol and am now looking at accommodation. What about you?
ConnieFox
Rep:
Report Thread starter 4 weeks ago
Yes I’d love to! I honestly don’t know how private chat works on here so you might need to help me out there haha
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest

Were exams easier or harder than you expected?

Easier (47)
26.4%
As I expected (59)
33.15%
Harder (64)
35.96%
Something else (tell us in the thread) (8)
4.49%

Watched Threads