How does education and training affect inflation?

Watch
whyamihere666
Badges: 14
Rep:
? You'll earn badges for being active around the site. Rep gems come when your posts are rated by other community members.
Report Thread starter 1 month ago
^^
Rabbit2
Badges: 18
Rep:
? You'll earn badges for being active around the site. Rep gems come when your posts are rated by other community members.
Report 1 month ago
The level of your training and education governs how much you are hurt by inflation. Inflation is produced by governments spending more than they take in in taxes and fees. They finance grandiose spending programs this way [such as those currently being promoted in the USA], and 'indirectly tax' the population by making their savings and investments worth much less, by debasing the currency. The same scams were done by ancient Rome centuries ago. People's salary is generally determined by the level of their training and education/qualifications. The harder it is to find someone with needed qualifications, generally - the higher the salary is. Governments strongly desire inflation, because it makes government debt much less. It also debases the worth of money you have lent the government. If you buy savings bonds, or federal bonds, they are worth much less when you redeem them than when you bought them, AND the government insists on taxing you on the 'increase' in value that has occurred whilst you have been holding them. The general rule for investments was that you needed to 'double every 10'. That is, if you invested $100, then 10 years later, you had to have at least $200 to have 'broken even' - i.e. not lost money in the deal. I suspect that lately, you would have to 'raise the ante' on that - to double every 7 or 8 years. Hope this helps!! Cheers.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

When did you submit your Ucas application if you applied to go to university this year?

September 2021 (37)
6.36%
October 2021 (261)
44.85%
November 2021 (70)
12.03%
December 2021 (74)
12.71%
January 2021 (75)
12.89%
I still haven't submitted it yet! (46)
7.9%