The Student Room Group

Would you date a guy who was blind and had cerebral palsy and fatigue?

Scroll to see replies

Original post by AF2Dr
Because having cerebral palsy and being blind aren't considered attractive characteristics. People want to date someone that they are attracted to.

Isn't this just basic common sense?

But if they were attractive, would these disabilities be a deal breaker?
No.
I wouldn't date anyone who had a history of serious health problems as an adult or was registered blind/partially sighted.
Original post by londonmyst
No.
I wouldn't date anyone who had a history of serious health problems as an adult or was registered blind/partially sighted.

Why?
Original post by Anonymous
Why?

Incompatible with my dealbreakers and lifestyle preferences.
If I fell for them and wanted to spend time with them as a couple, sure. I think that's probably unlikely (a lot of what I like doing, and would want to do with a partner, wouldn't be something I could do with a really quite seriously disabled partner) but I don't see the point in making arbitrary lists of what I would and wouldn't consider in a fantasy potential partner who I've never even met. People aren't lists. Who knows - I might meet them and decide that being with them is more important to me than being able to do certain activities as a couple.

Let's put it this way - if I met someone who had those disabilities, was fun to be with, and shared my hobbies and interests, I'd be far more likely to date them than someone who wasn't disabled, who I disliked, and who I had nothing in common with.
Original post by Anonymous
You didn’t but would you discard dating disabled even with a good personality

Let's not bash random people over the head here. Do you struggle with dating due to your condition?
Original post by Bang Outta Order
Let's not bash random people over the head here. Do you struggle with dating due to your condition?

Yes

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending