AliMousavi05
Badges: 10
Rep:
? You'll earn badges for being active around the site. Rep gems come when your posts are rated by other community members.
Report Thread starter 1 month ago
Maths
German
Spanish
English Literature
(Btw I’m in year 11 don’t know quite what I want to do yet)
heccyeah
Badges: 16
Rep:
? You'll earn badges for being active around the site. Rep gems come when your posts are rated by other community members.
Report 1 month ago
why 4?
summerbirdreads
Badges: 20
Rep:
Report 1 month ago
4 A-levels are not good.
_Rusty_
Badges: 19
Rep:
Report 1 month ago
(Original post by AliMousavi05)
Maths
German
Spanish
English Literature
Maths seems like the odd one out here?
Darkness_o
Badges: 6
Rep:
Report 1 month ago
They are so random
Spelunker
Badges: 21
Rep:
Report 1 month ago
I dont think doing 2 languages is a good idea since it might get confusing, unless your looking to do languages in the future. The best thing to do would be to figure out roughly what you want to do in the future (like would you want to go into science or something business related or maybe humanities) then look at what a levels are typically needed to get you there. Some courses dont even ask for specific alevels just the grades so you could pick the ones you know you'll do good at.
AliMousavi05
Rep:
(Original post by heccyeah)
why 4?
In my school we generally take 4 then drop one at A2 (I’m not sure if Ik good enough at English Literature)
AliMousavi05
Rep:
(Original post by Darkness_o)
They are so random
Sorry I should’ve gave some backstory
Basically I’m generally good at languages and I enjoy them and my teachers are very passionate so I might want to take them further and I like maths and I’m good at it and English is the odd one for me personally however I think it’s a strong essay based subject and would blend nicely with my languages and I enjoy the lessons
AliMousavi05
Rep:
(Original post by Spelunker)
I dont think doing 2 languages is a good idea since it might get confusing, unless your looking to do languages in the future. The best thing to do would be to figure out roughly what you want to do in the future (like would you want to go into science or something business related or maybe humanities) then look at what a levels are typically needed to get you there. Some courses dont even ask for specific alevels just the grades so you could pick the ones you know you'll do good at.
I either want to do languages, law with a language or economics with a language so I think they suit my options
AliMousavi05
Rep:
(Original post by chris01928)
Maths seems like the odd one out here?
I just like maths and I feel like it would be a nice break from the essays
the_pharaoh
Badges: 21
Rep:
Report 1 month ago
Maths
German
Spanish
English Literature
imo English and Maths aew a weird combination they dont rlly go together
AliMousavi05
Rep:
(Original post by the_pharaoh)
imo English and Maths aew a weird combination they dont rlly go together
I’m gonna try them out and drop which ever one doesn’t take my fancy
AliMousavi05
Rep:
If I did drop a language out of Spanish and German and maybe replace it with something like politics or biology which one should I drop?
booklover1313
Badges: 15
Rep:
Report 1 month ago
I’m gonna try them out and drop which ever one doesn’t take my fancy
I think your A level ideas seem absolutely fine! You mentioned wanting to do economics, you might need Further Maths for that? But these options are good if you want to do languages, law, english. You could even do classics. Ignore people saying 4 A level is too much, most people at my school do 4 A levels and it is manageable.
booklover1313
Rep:
Report 1 month ago
If I did drop a language out of Spanish and German and maybe replace it with something like politics or biology which one should I drop?
If you want to study languages, unis tend to want 2 foreign languages at A level.
_Rusty_
Badges: 19
Rep:
Report 1 month ago
I just like maths and I feel like it would be a nice break from the essays
Maths is not a nice breask :lol:
summerbirdreads
Badges: 20
Rep:
Report 1 month ago
(Original post by chris01928)
Maths is not a nice breask :lol:
Lmao true...
emek4official
Rep:
Report 1 month ago
I would suggest doing one language, Maths and English are good as they keep options open if you are not sure what you want to do.
AliMousavi05
Rep:
(Original post by booklover1313)
I think your A level ideas seem absolutely fine! You mentioned wanting to do economics, you might need Further Maths for that? But these options are good if you want to do languages, law, english. You could even do classics. Ignore people saying 4 A level is too much, most people at my school do 4 A levels and it is manageable.
Thank you and how coke further maths in needed for economics
booklover1313
Rep:
Report 1 month ago
Thank you and how coke further maths in needed for economics
It's not needed, but LSE's website says 'Further Mathematics at A-level is also desirable, and is acceptable for entry in combination with Mathematics and one other A-level.' It would make your application more competitive.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Have you ever considered or are you currently considering an apprenticeship?

Yes, I am actively considering an apprenticeship (68)
12.48%
I am actively considering an alternative to uni that isn't an apprenticeship (9)
1.65%
I have considered an apprenticeship but it's not for me (142)
26.06%
I am considering a degree apprenticeship (44)
8.07%
I haven't considered an apprenticeship (264)
48.44%
Something else (let us know in the thread!) (18)
3.3%

Watched Threads