Anonymous #1
Report Thread starter 1 month ago
What do you think of the mandatory mask wearing in shops?

I wear one 8 hours a day as I work in the hospital and tbh I was enjoying the mask free aspect of the evenings when I shop etc

I do find them hard to wear for long periods I won’t go into why but yea what are your opinions..
black tea
Badges: 19
Rep:
? You'll earn badges for being active around the site. Rep gems come when your posts are rated by other community members.
Report 1 month ago
They've been compulsory where I live since they were first introduced and I don't see the big deal. I also wear one at work.
Anonymous #2
Report 1 month ago
I continued to wear one even when they were no longer mandatory. I feel safer with it on (I have horrendous health anxiety) and as someone I live with can't get the jab due to medical reasons, I don't want to put them at risk. Personally I don't see what's so hard about just putting on a mask whilst you walk round a shop. Obviously I understand that for some people they genuinely can't do it but people who refuse to do for no reason? I don't understand.
Anonymous #1
(Original post by black tea)
They've been compulsory where I live since they were first introduced and I don't see the big deal. I also wear one at work.
Ah ok. Yea funnily enough this time 2 years ago the government didn’t see them as a big deal either theyve always deemed them ineffective until the pandemic. I think it’s good they are taking action though better to ere on the side of caution 👍
tinyperson
Badges: 15
Rep:
? You'll earn badges for being active around the site. Rep gems come when your posts are rated by other community members.
Report 1 month ago
I could literally write a essay on this. But yes caution is always a good idea
black tea
Rep:
Report 1 month ago
(Original post by Anonymous)
Ah ok. Yea funnily enough this time 2 years ago the government didn’t see them as a big deal either theyve always deemed them ineffective until the pandemic. I think it’s good they are taking action though better to ere on the side of caution 👍
I started wearing one before it became compulsory because it simply make sense. I strongly suspect the government didn't see them a a big deal because there wasn't enough for healthcare workers, let alone the general public... And they were always worn by healthcare workers - if they weren't thought to help, they wouldn't be compulsory for surgeons etc.
Last edited by black tea; 1 month ago
Admit-One
Badges: 21
Rep:
Report 1 month ago
I’ve been wearing one at work in communal areas since we came back on campus. Never stopped wearing one in shops anyway, so that won’t make much difference.

I did have to wear one all day during clearing last year and it was a massive pain, but you do what you need to do.
Anonymous #1
I continued to wear one even when they were no longer mandatory. I feel safer with it on (I have horrendous health anxiety) and as someone I live with can't get the jab due to medical reasons, I don't want to put them at risk. Personally I don't see what's so hard about just putting on a mask whilst you walk round a shop. Obviously I understand that for some people they genuinely can't do it but people who refuse to do for no reason? I don't understand.
I don’t understand either, there’s those people who dont cover their nose too for whatever reason. Or the nurses who I work with who pull them down to talk.

For me personally it’s because Im wearing one all day 5 days a week and I did feel some relief at not having to wear one in the evening. I get sick of smelling my own breath all day
username5865886
Badges: 16
Rep:
Report 1 month ago
they not compulsory for us but i do anyways
Son of the Sea
Badges: 20
Rep:
Report 1 month ago
I've always worn one in shops anyway so this won't change anything for me.
londonmyst
Badges: 18
Rep:
Report 1 month ago
I've never worn masks and stay out of all venues where facial coverings are mandatory.
I'm furious at the return of mandatory facial masks in shops.
Anonymous #1
(Original post by londonmyst)
I've never worn masks and stay out of all venues where facial coverings are mandatory.
I'm furious at the return of mandatory facial masks in shops.
Can I ask why you are adverse to wearing them?
Anonymous #3
Report 1 month ago
I actually prefer wearing masks so people don't have to see half of my face lol
fridacatlo
Badges: 11
Rep:
Report 1 month ago
I actually prefer wearing masks so people don't have to see half of my face lol
Same!
ReviseSleeping
Rep:
Report 1 month ago
I’m exempt from wearing a face covering, and I have enjoyed not being stopped and asked why I am not wearing one. Not looking forward to having to explain myself again.
Cote1
Rep:
Report 1 month ago
I don't have a problem with wearing them and never have.
Last edited by Cote1; 1 month ago
0ptics
Report 1 month ago
Personally, I don’t mind but I can see why it could cause some people to be annoyed.
Bigflakes
Badges: 13
Rep:
Report 1 month ago
Same, I also continued to wear one, not because I want to be safe but just because, I think I look ugly. Anyway, now I feel very weird not wearing one as I kind of like them and there’s also the protective benefit
HousesInCork
Badges: 15
Rep:
Report 1 month ago
Personally never stopped wearing them on public transport or for indoor public spaces except when sat down at my table in pubs/restaurants/cafés, so won't make any difference to me. I might go back to wearing them in the college classroom though.
anonymous789123
Badges: 10
Rep:
Report 1 month ago
I think they are awful. They have reduced communicating to over exaggerating head movements and second guessing if someone is smiling at you or just looking randomly at you. Using these things with patients is awful, and the amount of times I don't recognise people I know, is ridiculous. I can only assume that people that disagree with this are people that either work from home or don't rely on communication in their jobs.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Have you ever considered or are you currently considering an apprenticeship?

Yes, I am actively considering an apprenticeship (68)
12.43%
I am actively considering an alternative to uni that isn't an apprenticeship (9)
1.65%
I have considered an apprenticeship but it's not for me (142)
25.96%
I am considering a degree apprenticeship (44)
8.04%
I haven't considered an apprenticeship (266)
48.63%
Something else (let us know in the thread!) (18)
3.29%

Watched Threads

Latest
My Feed