dear-j
Badges: 6
Rep:
? You'll earn badges for being active around the site. Rep gems come when your posts are rated by other community members.
Report Thread starter 1 month ago
If I apply for a university with 3 A* on results day through adjustment, would I be favoured over other students ( who were given conditional offers and have met the required grades) ?
AmIReallyHere
Badges: 20
Rep:
? You'll earn badges for being active around the site. Rep gems come when your posts are rated by other community members.
Report 1 month ago
(Original post by dear-j)
If I apply for a university with 3 A* on results day through adjustment, would I be favoured over other students ( who were given conditional offers and have met the required grades) ?
No....they would have either accepted or declined their offer - you would come after that and so there's nothing to favour...?
swanseajack1
Badges: 19
Rep:
Report 1 month ago
(Original post by dear-j)
It very much looks like adjustment wont take place. Dont rely on it
AmIReallyHere
Rep:
Report 1 month ago
(Original post by swanseajack1)
It very much looks like adjustment wont take place. Dont rely on it
Oh- can I ask why this is?
swanseajack1
Badges: 19
Rep:
Report 1 month ago
(Original post by AmIReallyHere)
Oh- can I ask why this is?
Ucas have been talking about it for a while. There has been very little take up of adjustment since it has been brought in. It is a scheme that has never really taken off and probably considered not worth the work it entails. A couple of admissions tutors on here have mentioned it isnt going ahead this year.
Admit-One
Badges: 21
Rep:
Report 1 month ago
swanseajack1 is correct, Adjustment won’t be taking place in 2022. You’ll still be able to ‘trade up’ on results day via Clearing, (assuming that the course is available), but you’ll have to give up any offers that you hold to do so.
ajj2000
Rep:
Report 1 month ago
OP - which course? While no one can give guarantees some courses are more often in clearing than others.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Have you ever considered or are you currently considering an apprenticeship?

Yes, I am actively considering an apprenticeship (68)
12.48%
I am actively considering an alternative to uni that isn't an apprenticeship (9)
1.65%
I have considered an apprenticeship but it's not for me (142)
26.06%
I am considering a degree apprenticeship (44)
8.07%
I haven't considered an apprenticeship (264)
48.44%
Something else (let us know in the thread!) (18)
3.3%

Watched Threads