The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Original post by Mister20f
I believe no one should have gotten rejected yet, I think rejections will start coming out in February-ish, and not even all of them. Let's stay optimistic for now :smile:.

Research internships are really valuable for them as well. That together with a good academic performance and a solid cover letter should give you many chances! In my case I have a 90% average, top 5% of my cohort and then the internships and final bsc thesis. That is pretty much all I have

Well for me the grades are not so good - I was hoping that the internships would make up for that. I should be able to get a first but not with a ton of headroom. Also the thesis works a bit differently here - we have a smaller one that we are supposed to do only in the second term which is probably not helping - anyway thanks for the encouragement, let's give them a few more weeks and see what happens :smile:
Reply 21
Hi, I had an interview on Thursday, I applied for a speech and language processing track. Is there anyone who chose the same track ?
Original post by wingdevourer
I did mine yesterday with Richard Turner. I was asked a few motivation and background questions and then I gave a presentation on a project I've done related to MLMI.

What is the track you selected?
What is the track you selected?

Machine Learning track.
Reply 24
Did anyone receive any response/ change on application portal after having an interview ? Please post if you would receive any updates.
I would appreciate it as well :smile:
Does anyone know if any rejections have been sent out?
Reply 27
Original post by givemegrad

I haven't heard anything regarding that.
Original post by givemegrad

I was interviewed 10 days ago and am still "under review by department" :frown:...
Reply 29
Original post by clairerere
I was interviewed 10 days ago and am still "under review by department" :frown:...

Don't worry, same for me except I was interviewed a week before. I believe we will receive updates in February.
Just heard that some people will have the MLMI interview next week... Did they send out another round of invites?
Reply 31
Just heard that some people will have the MLMI interview next week... Did they send out another round of invites?

Do you know if these are follow-up interviews (maybe a next stage) or first round interviews?
Original post by a6c
Do you know if these are follow-up interviews (maybe a next stage) or first round interviews?

I think they are first-rounds.
Reply 33
I think they are first-rounds.

This is just pure speculation, but I guess it is either the case that they are still working through reading the applications (500+ in previous years) and/or they have some internal ranking of applications where they interview more promising applications before less promising ones. They might be doing these rounds of interviews until all places are filled.
Reply 34
Original post by a6c
This is just pure speculation, but I guess it is either the case that they are still working through reading the applications (500+ in previous years) and/or they have some internal ranking of applications where they interview more promising applications before less promising ones. They might be doing these rounds of interviews until all places are filled.

I'm not sure how they review, but definitely not based on the submission time. I submitted application a day before submission deadline and was interviewed on January 13th.

Hi there! Well yes, probably they did. This has been common practise throughout the years. I have spoken with people that didn't hear from the University and all of a sudden around April getting an interview. I suppose the people that have received interview invitations are lucky as we will get a decision probably either next week or the following one!
Reply 36
Hi there! Well yes, probably they did. This has been common practise throughout the years. I have spoken with people that didn't hear from the University and all of a sudden around April getting an interview. I suppose the people that have received interview invitations are lucky as we will get a decision probably either next week or the following one!

Based on previous posts, I think we will receive updates in early February. I think the earliest ones would be good news!
Original post by nl_ln
Based on previous posts, I think we will receive updates in early February. I think the earliest ones would be good news!

Yeah, historically offers for the people in the first round of interviews come at some point in early February. A trick that I have been told is to check your application status every now and then, now that we are entering February, and see if it says that your application is under review by the postgraduate admissions office instead of the Department. This will happen before you receive an offer, and if your application goes through this process it pretty much means that you're already in as the Department has already decided to accept you.

Good luck to everyone and I hope to see your updates here in the forum! :smile:
Hi everyone! I got an update for my application today, it changed from:
"Status: Under review by department - Your application is under review by the Department."
to:
"Status: Under review by degree committee - Your application is under review by the Degree Committee."

I found this link that explains what this means, I am sure you will find it useful as well :smile::
https://www.postgraduate.study.cam.ac.uk/application-process/what-happens-next

Best of luck!
Hi everyone! I got an update for my application today, it changed from:
"Status: Under review by department - Your application is under review by the Department."
to:
"Status: Under review by degree committee - Your application is under review by the Degree Committee."

I found this link that explains what this means, I am sure you will find it useful as well :smile::
https://www.postgraduate.study.cam.ac.uk/application-process/what-happens-next

Best of luck!

omg Congratulations!!! This is a good sign right?!

I applied for HCI track and my status is still "under review by department". How is everyone else?

Latest

Trending

Trending