The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Original post by Mister20f
Hi everyone! I got an update for my application today, it changed from:
"Status: Under review by department - Your application is under review by the Department."
to:
"Status: Under review by degree committee - Your application is under review by the Degree Committee."

I found this link that explains what this means, I am sure you will find it useful as well :smile::
https://www.postgraduate.study.cam.ac.uk/application-process/what-happens-next

Best of luck!

Congrats! Some movements finally in our programme
Original post by clairerere
omg Congratulations!!! This is a good sign right?!

I applied for HCI track and my status is still "under review by department". How is everyone else?

Mine is also under department review, same as yours. I applied for Language and Speech Processing
"Status: Under review by department - Your application is under review by the Department."
to:
"Status: Under review by degree committee - Your application is under review by the Degree Committee."

I found this link that explains what this means, I am sure you will find it useful as well :smile::

Best of luck!

Congratulations!!!
Original post by clairerere
omg Congratulations!!! This is a good sign right?!

I applied for HCI track and my status is still "under review by department". How is everyone else?

I applied for the Computer Vision track and my status is still "under review by department"
My status has also changed to “Awaiting approval by PAO”. I am on the Machine Learning Track.
Original post by Immobile_7
I applied for the Computer Vision track and my status is still "under review by department"

Did you get an interview?
Original post by wingdevourer
My status has also changed to “Awaiting approval by PAO”. I am on the Machine Learning Track.

Wow congrats! That's pretty much your place secured then!
Did you get an interview?

Yes, I did. It was on the 12th of January. When was your interview?
Reply 48
Original post by not_an_account
Mine is also under department review, same as yours. I applied for Language and Speech Processing

Mine is under department too. The same track as yours. Congratulations to everyone who got updates!
Original post by nl_ln
Mine is under department too. The same track as yours. Congratulations to everyone who got updates!

Ayy you know with some luck we could be coursemates lol
Original post by wingdevourer

That is pretty much accepted admission! Congrats! Did they skip the Degree Committee with your application?
Reply 51
Ayy you know with some luck we could be coursemates lol

That would be great! ^_^
to:

Best of luck!

Mine changed today too!!!!
Looking forward to meeting you!
That is pretty much accepted admission! Congrats! Did they skip the Degree Committee with your application?

Mine changed straight to "Awaiting approval by PAO - Awaiting approval by the Postgraduate Admissions Office." - Skipping Degree Committee
(edited 2 years ago)
Reply 54
Original post by asdfghjkñ
Mine changed straight to " Awaiting approval by PAO - Awaiting approval by the Postgraduate Admissions Office." - Skipping Degree Committee

Congrats, well done!!! Curious to see some here are awaiting for approval by PAO while some by Degree Committee - did you check your status daily? Also, what track are you on? Congrats again!
Congrats to everyone who advanced to the next stage !! Personally, I applied to the computer vision track and I am still on the status "under review by department" after being interviwed on the 12 th of january . Do someone know if this mean we are shortlisted or about to be rejected as first round interviwed persons are getting their offer ?
Original post by algeriansauce
Congrats to everyone who advanced to the next stage !! Personally, I applied to the computer vision track and I am still on the status "under review by department" after being interviwed on the 12 th of january . Do someone know if this mean we are shortlisted or about to be rejected as first round interviwed persons are getting their offer ?

I applied for Language and Speech Processing but same status as yours. My interview was on 7th Jan. I wouldn't worry but I am quite anxious. As long as you are not getting a rejection, you're still in there
Original post by algeriansauce

Same track, same interview date, same status, likely higher blood pressure level. I hope we get it, and congrats again to those who have made it to the next stage.
Reply 58
BTW correct me if I'm wrong. I haven't noticed any updates for those who chose speech and language processing track. That's strange.
I applied for Language and Speech Processing but same status as yours. My interview was on 7th Jan. I wouldn't worry but I am quite anxious. As long as you are not getting a rejection, you're still in there

Thanks for your answer ! It's really stressful, silence is tough. Good luck to you by the way!

Latest