ella_wxw
Badges: 5
Rep:
? You'll earn badges for being active around the site. Rep gems come when your posts are rated by other community members.
Report Thread starter 1 month ago
I just want to know that if I have got accepted and deferred a offer at University of Bristol but wanting to reapply to UCL and Bristol again this year?

Will this affect my application of having Bristol reject me bc I have reapply again to them?
Admit-One
Badges: 21
Rep:
? You'll earn badges for being active around the site. Rep gems come when your posts are rated by other community members.
Report 1 month ago
(Original post by ella_wxw)
I just want to know that if I have got accepted and deferred a offer at University of Bristol but wanting to reapply to UCL and Bristol again this year?

Will this affect my application of having Bristol reject me bc I have reapply again to them?
Previous offers won’t make any difference to the outcome of a reapplication. Unis don’t care.
ella_wxw
Rep:
(Original post by Admit-One)
Previous offers won’t make any difference to the outcome of a reapplication. Unis don’t care.
Even if I decline my deferred offer at Bristol then reapply to Bristol, would it not matter?
Thisismyunitsr
Badges: 19
Rep:
Report 1 month ago

No it won’t affect their decision. I did this and it didn’t have any major impact
ella_wxw
Rep:
(Original post by Thisismyunitsr)
No it won’t affect their decision. I did this and it didn’t have any major impact
I’m just worried that once I declined my deferred offer for just to apply to UCL and Bristol again, but gets reject by UCL, will Bristol reject me as well if reapply to them again
Rdz
Badges: 7
Rep:
Report 1 month ago

why do you want to reject Bristol to reapply to them?
ella_wxw
Rep:
(Original post by Rdz)
why do you want to reject Bristol to reapply to them?
Bc I didn’t apply to UCL with my predicted grades as they were a bit lower than its entry requirements. Then my results were actually higher than my predicted. Now want to try to apply to UCL but also want to Bristol
Rdz
Badges: 7
Rep:
Report 1 month ago
Bc I didn’t apply to UCL with my predicted grades as they were a bit lower than its entry requirements. Then my results were actually higher than my predicted. Now want to try to apply to UCL but also want to Bristol
so are you on a gap year now or have you started at Bristol? what course do you want to do?
abbie-0525
Rep:
Report 1 month ago
I’m in the same position, had my deferred place at Sheffield confirmed on results day, but I’m looking to withdraw my place and reapply to Sheffield and other unis to give myself longer to decide. I’m planning to email Sheffield’s department for my subject and ask specifically before taking the chance. Hoping there won’t be a problem!
ella_wxw
Rep:
(Original post by Rdz)
so are you on a gap year now or have you started at Bristol? what course do you want to do?
Yh on a gap year rn and want to study Education
ella_wxw
Rep:
(Original post by abbie-0525)
I’m in the same position, had my deferred place at Sheffield confirmed on results day, but I’m looking to withdraw my place and reapply to Sheffield and other unis to give myself longer to decide. I’m planning to email Sheffield’s department for my subject and ask specifically before taking the chance. Hoping there won’t be a problem!
Yh, I have just emailed my old school if I can still apply with the school, then I will need to call or email Bristol to decline the offer. My biggest worry is that if I decline this offer just to try to apply to UCL and Bristol again but then get reject by both of the uni.

Pls keep me updated of ur situation if u can 😊
Admit-One
Rep:
Report 1 month ago
Even if I decline my deferred offer at Bristol then reapply to Bristol, would it not matter?
No, it won’t affect their decision on the new app at all. However you’re not guaranteed to get another offer just because you had one in a previous cycle, although you could be reasonably sure of putting in a competitive application.
Thisismyunitsr
Badges: 19
Rep:
Report 1 month ago
I’m just worried that once I declined my deferred offer for just to apply to UCL and Bristol again, but gets reject by UCL, will Bristol reject me as well if reapply to them again
They won’t reject you if you reapply for a second time
abbie-0525
Rep:
Report 1 month ago
Yh, I have just emailed my old school if I can still apply with the school, then I will need to call or email Bristol to decline the offer. My biggest worry is that if I decline this offer just to try to apply to UCL and Bristol again but then get reject by both of the uni.

Pls keep me updated of ur situation if u can 😊
Hey, I emailed Sheffield a few days ago and they said withdrawing then reapplying wouldn’t have any impact on my reapplication which was a relief!! They also said they can’t guarantee that I would get another offer but seeing as I met the entry requirements she couldn’t see why not, so that might be the same for you. I’m planning to phone my school careers advisor tomorrow to start the process, let me know how you get on!
ella_wxw
Rep:
Hey, I emailed Sheffield a few days ago and they said withdrawing then reapplying wouldn’t have any impact on my reapplication which was a relief!! They also said they can’t guarantee that I would get another offer but seeing as I met the entry requirements she couldn’t see why not, so that might be the same for you. I’m planning to phone my school careers advisor tomorrow to start the process, let me know how you get on!
Hey, I called Bristol yesterday as well, they said I will not be at a disadvantage if I reapply again. They said I will have to email the uni to withdraw my application then reapply but takes up to 3-5 working days and the school deadline is 16th of December, might need to get everything done in a hurry.
ella_wxw
Rep:
One more question, I have started a job in October during my gap year and I will have to add this employment on to ucas. Does this mean that it will be better for me to mention it in my personal statement or I can just leave it out.

And also about by having a job, does ur tutor reference have to mention that as well?
Last edited by ella_wxw; 1 month ago
ella_wxw
Rep:
Hey, I called Bristol yesterday as well, they said I will not be at a disadvantage if I reapply again. They said I will have to email the uni to withdraw my application then reapply but takes up to 3-5 working days and the school deadline is 16th of December, might need to get everything done in a hurry.
Also are u using the same PS as the one u used for 2021 entry?
mah1000000
Badges: 13
Rep:
Report 1 month ago
Also are u using the same PS as the one u used for 2021 entry?
Hi,

I added a very brief section to my PS talking about what I did in my gap year. It wasn't related to the course so I just mentioned I had been working (and they can obviously see it in the employment section). I didn't talk about my job in-depth at all but did discuss everything I've done during my gap year which is related to the course (think projects, further reading, courses anything like that).
ella_wxw
Rep:
(Original post by mah1000000)
Hi,

I added a very brief section to my PS talking about what I did in my gap year. It wasn't related to the course so I just mentioned I had been working (and they can obviously see it in the employment section). I didn't talk about my job in-depth at all but did discuss everything I've done during my gap year which is related to the course (think projects, further reading, courses anything like that).
What if I haven’t been doing anything related to the course and I’m only 4 months into my gap year and only started working 1 months ago? What would happen if like 98% of my PS is exactly same to my PS in 2021 entry?
Admit-One
Rep:
Report 1 month ago
One more question, I have started a job in October during my gap year and I will have to add this employment on to ucas. Does this mean that it will be better for me to mention it in my personal statement or I can just leave it out.

And also about by having a job, does ur tutor reference have to mention that as well?
Only mention it in your PS if it’s directly relevant to the course that you’re applying to.

Your ref can mention it, but it won’t add much to be honest.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Have you ever considered or are you currently considering an apprenticeship?

Yes, I am actively considering an apprenticeship (66)
12.2%
I am actively considering an alternative to uni that isn't an apprenticeship (9)
1.66%
I have considered an apprenticeship but it's not for me (141)
26.06%
I am considering a degree apprenticeship (44)
8.13%
I haven't considered an apprenticeship (263)
48.61%
Something else (let us know in the thread!) (18)
3.33%

Watched Threads