Report Thread starter 1 month ago
hi..
how do i make friends?
and where do i make friends?
thank you
hhollyb
Badges: 10
Rep:
? You'll earn badges for being active around the site. Rep gems come when your posts are rated by other community members.
Report 1 month ago
(Original post by Anonymous)
hi..
how do i make friends?
thank you
heyy,
i used to be SUPER shy, still am at times, but my closest friends and family have all recently said how much more confident i have become.
i made friends by pushing myself out of my comfort zone. i’ve done things such as ncs, changed from my sixth form to a completely new college and more. it is easy to make friends when you share the same interests/ like minded people. 1. try joining some clubs (sports, fashion, art etc).
2. social media. yes…i know it can sound silly but some of the friends i’ve made online are closer than some i know in real life. literally all we did was pop up to each other’s stories sometimes, add each other’s to one another’s privates etc and eventually became more confident with each other
i can understand how daunting it can be to challenge yourself to step outside your comfort zone, but the results are 100% worth it.

hope this somewhat helps!
cantnorithesuhi
Badges: 13
Rep:
? You'll earn badges for being active around the site. Rep gems come when your posts are rated by other community members.
Report 1 month ago
i just started at uni this term and I've always had the habit of having one best friend at a time and not many others. But now my bestie at uni is amazing cos she knows how to get ppl involved and hold a larger group of friends together. E.g she
- set up a whatsapp group we all use to chat and mainly coordinate to have lunch in the cafeteria together
- is always quick to invite different ppl in the group to do different clubs and things with her
- gets to know each member of the group individually and encourages us to hang out together
- organises things for the group like secret santa/ meals out

so i think if u can make one best friends which you defo will at some point, you can use these methods to expand ur group. Sorry if that only slightly addressed ur q...
Anonymous #2
Report 1 month ago
(Original post by Anonymous)
hi..
how do i make friends?
thank you
What age r u? I.e. r u in school or uni? If school there may be societies but I'm not sure however, u will have classes w pretty much alot of the same ppl so try talking to them. If ur uni join societies and try there. If u mean particularly what to say, just make small talk. How was ur day? What do u like (try asking them question about what u like e.g. I'll ask ppl, do u watch footie etc.). Hope that helps. Reply if u want more info bc maybe I can help. In addition I don't mind chatting and becoming friends, if u like
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

When did you submit your Ucas application if you applied to go to university this year?

September 2021 (12)
6.06%
October 2021 (97)
48.99%
November 2021 (20)
10.1%
December 2021 (29)
14.65%
January 2021 (16)
8.08%
I still haven't submitted it yet! (19)
9.6%
Something else (5)
2.53%

Watched Threads

Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise