I feel like I'm losing my marbles

Watch
Anonymous #1
Report Thread starter 1 month ago
Back in August, I got COVID, and it made me really ill. One of the major side effects was that I developed this "brain fog"; I kept saying the wrong words, random words that had no place in the sentence and nothing remotely like the words I meant to say, and I developed a stutter. I do a languages degree and never, ever suffered with speaking before.

Following covid, I went through a really nasty break up and lost one of my best friends to suicide, so August really was a **** month.

Since then, my cognitive functions have progressively worsened to the point where I'm genuinely concerned that I'm going mad or something. I can't think straight. The brain fog has got more foggy - I struggle to remember something that someone told me a minute before, I can't process my thoughts properly and it's like the light's on but nobody is home.

I haven't slept well since August, I either can't sleep or when I do, I feel like I haven't slept at all. My GP said it was grief, but it seems to be getting worse and I don't know anyone else who's had covid who has reacted in this way.

Is anyone else suffering with long covid like this? Is it grief? What the hell is wrong with me?
Anonymous #2
Report 1 month ago
I don't know if this is helpful or not, but maybe try to see a therapist or someone you can talk to. It must have been really hard being isolated for so long and then having to go through a lot. There's probably a lot of stuff just going around in your brain and it could be really helpful to talk to someone about all this. i don't know.
rzi999
Badges: 15
Rep:
? You'll earn badges for being active around the site. Rep gems come when your posts are rated by other community members.
Report 1 week ago
I had covid in October and ever since then I havnt felt the same. I feel low and tired ALL the time, my attention span is the smallest it’s ever been, my brain feels very weird and spaced out like I don’t know what’s going on and I have to repeat information 10 times in my head before I actually process what I’m reading or being told. Feel like I’m losing my mind. I can barely string a sentence together sometimes , like words escape me
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

When did you submit your Ucas application if you applied to go to university this year?

September 2021 (36)
7.2%
October 2021 (223)
44.6%
November 2021 (59)
11.8%
December 2021 (64)
12.8%
January 2021 (60)
12%
I still haven't submitted it yet! (43)
8.6%