why can't u take back rep on tsr?

Watch
cantnorithesuhi
Badges: 13
Rep:
? You'll earn badges for being active around the site. Rep gems come when your posts are rated by other community members.
Report Thread starter 1 month ago
Like why can't u unlike a post u prev liked cos, i dunno, ur annoyed that person now has more rep on their post than u...

Ik it could potentially lead to gems having to move down again, but so whatt? If I gave the rep I should be able to rescind it too!!!
Last edited by cantnorithesuhi; 1 month ago
username4522078
Badges: 20
Rep:
? You'll earn badges for being active around the site. Rep gems come when your posts are rated by other community members.
Report 1 month ago
(Original post by cantnorithesuhi)
ur annoyed that person now has more rep on their post than u...
You should probably log off if that pisses you off.
cantnorithesuhi
Rep:
(Original post by ROTL94)
You should probably log off if that pisses you off.
brooo, long time no see! a year later and you're still here?? Respect! I think...
Joleee
Badges: 19
Report 1 month ago
idk have you seen that you can you take back rep on other sites?

might be same reason TSR doesn't do negative rep anymore. that was before my time but i *think* it was leading to bullying and a negative community; bear in mind there's a lot of young kids on here and that may not be fun for everyone.

may i ask why does it even matter if someone has more rep in a thread than you cuz i just couldn't give a toss doesn't make you more right to have rep and indeed could just be reinforced stupidity.
cantnorithesuhi
Rep:
(Original post by Joleee)
idk have you seen that you can you take back rep on other sites?

might be same reason TSR doesn't do negative rep anymore. that was before my time but i *think* it was leading to bullying and a negative community; bear in mind there's a lot of young kids on here and that may not be fun for everyone.

may i ask why does it even matter if someone has more rep in a thread than you cuz i just couldn't give a toss doesn't make you more right to have rep and indeed could just be reinforced stupidity.
then why does rep exist if it not to suggest which comments are most true (read: generally agreed to) and helpful?
Joleee
Report 1 month ago
then why does rep exist if it not to suggest which comments are most true (read: generally agreed to) and helpful?
idk i assume because y'all still worry gems being of a sign of popularity and it's fun for you. the better question is why does this concern you that you see this as competition. no, rep points =/= truth y'all could just be agreeing with stupidity and i have witnessed it numerous times.
cantnorithesuhi
Rep:
(Original post by Joleee)
idk i assume because y'all still worry gems being of a sign of popularity and it's fun for you. the better question is why does this concern you that you see this as competition. no, rep points =/= truth y'all could just be agreeing with stupidity and i have witnessed it numerous times.
yh so low rep just means i'm unpopular. I don't care about the truth; it's all about popuuuulaar
Joleee
Report 1 month ago
yh so low rep just means i'm unpopular. I don't care about the truth; it's all about popuuuulaar
i'm not sure what you mean tbh is signifying popularity important to you on TSR? personally don't even display how many gems i have cuz the whole thing is stupid to me as you can indeed be totally popular on here and be totally ignorant. blind leading the blind in most cases. again, why do you care?
0ptics
Report 1 month ago
Reps are immaterial, unless you can prove to me that they can help you in real life. This is the equivalent of moaning about likes in the youtube comments section.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

When did you submit your Ucas application if you applied to go to university this year?

September 2021 (12)
6.06%
October 2021 (97)
48.99%
November 2021 (20)
10.1%
December 2021 (29)
14.65%
January 2021 (16)
8.08%
I still haven't submitted it yet! (19)
9.6%