The Student Room Group

last minute revision for computer science…help!!!

so i have my computer science paper 2 (ocr) mock in just over a week and it’s the coding component and i’m not even joking when i say this: i know absolutely nothing at all about coding. how do i learn the content in just a week because i really want a good grade
Original post by purplehyacinth
so i have my computer science paper 2 (ocr) mock in just over a week and it’s the coding component and i’m not even joking when i say this: i know absolutely nothing at all about coding. how do i learn the content in just a week because i really want a good grade

you dont need to know the exact language, you can check on the ocr spec and learn what each symbol means and how to identify them. Honesty, I was like you last year and was predicted a grade 4 and was like 'nope not accepting that' (Now on a grade 8 but I know I can get a 9) so i used craig n dave for the content (system architecture, networks, memory and storage etc.) and then a python tutorial on trinket, which tells you the basic and that is literally all you need. If you're doing python, then it is so much easier than you think, just think what you want to write down and then if you can remember a few 'special' symbols, many of which you'll know already from maths and general life such as '>' and ':', then you're good. Short term plan: cram python (or whatever language you're doing) tutorials and look at past papers ( just specific questions you struggle on since you wont have time to do it all) but in the long term, take the time to space out your learning and utilise internet resources to help you achieve the grades you want.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending