The Student Room Group

How to cram for biology paper 1

someone please help
which level is this? GCSE or A-Level?
Original post by bishbish123
which level is this? GCSE or A-Level?

gcse
I've found there's some good youtube videos of about 40 minutes to an hour that cover the entirety of a science paper, if your short for time. I would focus on the topics that really require outside revision, such as function of cells and cell specification, more than topics like microscopy equations that can be relatively easy to work out on their own when given the right information. There's a lot of content on paper 1, so I wouldn't focus on making hefty revision notes that take up a long time, rather key sentence summaries on the bits you find hard. If your cramming you probably won't have time to go through multiple 1h 45m practice papers, therefore I would get a few off the internet (PMT is a good resource) and pick one to two questions to do per topic covered in them.
I would also set out clear spaces of time for how long I would revise each of the 5 topics, because I read somewhere that your mind is less likely to wander when you're timing yourself and it will help you stay on track
Original post by bishbish123
I would also set out clear spaces of time for how long I would revise each of the 5 topics, because I read somewhere that your mind is less likely to wander when you're timing yourself and it will help you stay on track

my test is tomorrow
I was thinking a time period such as 30-40 mins per topic if your short for time maybe?
(edited 2 years ago)
There's pre-made revision resources for each topic on paper 1, i.e flashcards on PMT, which'll save time. Sticking to a set order for each 30-40 minute time period is a good thing, such as maybe 1. read textbook 2. go over flashcards 3. sentence summary notes 4. practice questions on topic
(edited 2 years ago)

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending