Is it bad that I haven’t had my first kiss at 17

Watch
Anonymous #1
Report Thread starter 1 month ago
Not been asked on a date or been in a relationship either.

People make fun of me because of it - they make me feel like a weirdo and that I’ll never find anyone
poketwist
Badges: 9
Rep:
? You'll earn badges for being active around the site. Rep gems come when your posts are rated by other community members.
Report 1 month ago
That's perfectly alright-
For some people kisses and act of intimacy is special and deserves to be done with someone important and special to them.
To others- they may not just be ready for things like that.
Whatever your reasons are- you're actions are perfectly valid
cantnorithesuhi
Badges: 13
Rep:
? You'll earn badges for being active around the site. Rep gems come when your posts are rated by other community members.
Report 1 month ago
It's not that deep - u don't have to tell anyone as well
Anonymous #1
(Original post by poketwist)
That's perfectly alright-
For some people kisses and act of intimacy is special and deserves to be done with someone important and special to them.
To others- they may not just be ready for things like that.
Whatever your reasons are- you're actions are perfectly valid
My reason is that no one seems interested in me
EOData
Badges: 16
Rep:
Report 1 month ago
(Original post by Anonymous)
My reason is that no one seems interested in me
Are you interested in anyone else? Perhaps you're not really ready, or you're too shy to send out the right signs. Most people need a little subtle encouragement to show interest.
Anonymous #1
(Original post by EOData)
Are you interested in anyone else? Perhaps you're not really ready, or you're too shy to send out the right signs. Most people need a little subtle encouragement to show interest.
Everyone I’ve been interested in had thrown it back in my face, saying I’m not good enough for them.
poketwist
Rep:
Report 1 month ago
Everyone I’ve been interested in had thrown it back in my face, saying I’m not good enough for them.
not good enough in what sense? would you agree with what they've said? If so it'd be wise to focus on improving yourself. If you think its untrue, forget about them, you'll find someone better
hungrysalamander
Badges: 19
Rep:
Report 1 month ago
I think it's normal
1secondsofvamps
Badges: 21
Rep:
Report 1 month ago
better to wait than rush & regret it

I had mine at 21
Anonymous #1
(Original post by poketwist)
not good enough in what sense? would you agree with what they've said? If so it'd be wise to focus on improving yourself. If you think its untrue, forget about them, you'll find someone better
I guess I wasn’t good enough for that person
EOData
Badges: 16
Rep:
Report 1 month ago
I guess I wasn’t good enough for that person
It's not a question of not being 'good enough', just you weren't for them. It doesn't make you any less good.
poketwist
Rep:
Report 1 month ago
(Original post by EOData)
It's not a question of not being 'good enough', just you weren't for them. It doesn't make you any less good.
This right here- 99% of the time this is it
IWillAlwaysH8U2
Badges: 1
Rep:
Report 1 month ago

People make fun of me because of it - they make me feel like a weirdo and that I’ll never find anyone
Depends

Are you fugly? if yes then not bad but expected
If you are good looking then yes quite bad
Last edited by IWillAlwaysH8U2; 1 month ago
Satori Tendō
Badges: 19
Rep:
Report 1 month ago
No,no and no. Always no. Don't give in to peer pressure, it's hard to think outside of your little social bubble/eco-chamber but generally being a kiss-less relationship-less 17 year old is no big deal.
It's not bad either. In fact it might be good, you can experience it at an age where you're even more mentally matured to endure hardships
Anonymous #1
(Original post by IWillAlwaysH8U2)
Depends

Are you fugly? if yes then not bad but expected
If you are good looking then yes quite bad
I wouldn’t describe myself as ugly but I wouldn’t say I’m good looking either
G112
Badges: 12
Rep:
Report 1 month ago
Mate it's fine, don't over think it. First kiss is overrated anyway, it will happen when it happens. You'll meet loads of people in the next few years, so just focus on bettering yourself so you can increase your self confidence, and don't be afraid to ask someone out, rather than waiting for them to ask you.
Anonymous #1
(Original post by G112)
Mate it's fine, don't over think it. First kiss is overrated anyway, it will happen when it happens. You'll meet loads of people in the next few years, so just focus on bettering yourself so you can increase your self confidence, and don't be afraid to ask someone out, rather than waiting for them to ask you.
I’m not going to uni so it’s unlikely I’ll meet people
G112
Badges: 12
Rep:
Report 1 month ago
I’m not going to uni so it’s unlikely I’ll meet people
Bruh half my mates didn't go to uni but they still met people. Unless you're becoming a hermit, you should be fine. Most people I know didn't even meet their partners in uni lol.
Anonymous #1
(Original post by G112)
Bruh half my mates didn't go to uni but they still met people. Unless you're becoming a hermit, you should be fine. Most people I know didn't even meet their partners in uni lol.
Idk how to meet people though, I’m quite a shy person
Jmjvf
Badges: 4
Rep:
Report 1 month ago

Honestly, embrace the weirdness inside you and move on in your life. you will find THE person later on
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Have you ever considered or are you currently considering an apprenticeship?

Yes, I am actively considering an apprenticeship (68)
12.48%
I am actively considering an alternative to uni that isn't an apprenticeship (9)
1.65%
I have considered an apprenticeship but it's not for me (142)
26.06%
I am considering a degree apprenticeship (44)
8.07%
I haven't considered an apprenticeship (264)
48.44%
Something else (let us know in the thread!) (18)
3.3%

Watched Threads