Personal statement volunteer work

Watch
abiwitcomb
Badges: 5
Rep:
? You'll earn badges for being active around the site. Rep gems come when your posts are rated by other community members.
Report Thread starter 1 month ago
Been reading around and researching help and guidance for my statement. I see so many that include volunteer work. I literally have no volunteer work at all! I don't know what other personal experiences I can use other than work ones...
I feel like this will make me application so weak
poketwist
Badges: 9
Rep:
? You'll earn badges for being active around the site. Rep gems come when your posts are rated by other community members.
Report 1 month ago
Are you applying for medicine ?
Admit-One
Badges: 21
Rep:
Report 1 month ago
(Original post by abiwitcomb)
Been reading around and researching help and guidance for my statement. I see so many that include volunteer work. I literally have no volunteer work at all! I don't know what other personal experiences I can use other than work ones...
I feel like this will make me application so weak
Volunteering isn't relevant for the vast majority of undergrad subjects. What are you applying for?
abiwitcomb
Badges: 5
Rep:
Report Thread starter 1 month ago
(Original post by Admit-One)
Volunteering isn't relevant for the vast majority of undergrad subjects. What are you applying for?
Midwifery x
~ Purple Rose ~
Badges: 19
Rep:
Report 1 month ago
(Original post by abiwitcomb)
Midwifery x
They will expect some form of work experience for Midwifery, so they know you have some sort of understanding of the course you are applying for/the skills needed etc.

Many things can be used as evidence though, so think about what else you have done. Do you have a job? Are you in any clubs? What experience do you have with people? Think about the skills midwives nees - how can you show you have them?

Midwifery is a very competitive course, with a lot of mature students who might have spent years working in healthcare, but they do take younger people. Voluntary work isn't essential, but some sort of relevant experience is.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

When did you submit your Ucas application if you applied to go to university this year?

September 2021 (37)
6.36%
October 2021 (261)
44.85%
November 2021 (70)
12.03%
December 2021 (74)
12.71%
January 2021 (75)
12.89%
I still haven't submitted it yet! (46)
7.9%