The Student Room Group

A nice story

Okay guys here’s a nice story to give you hope in humanity, racists get off this .

Ok so basically today it snowed loads here, and my mum was scared to drive her car bc of it, so she took a ride off her friend to go to work, and I walked it to school. Anyways, shes a carer so she went to somebody’s house for a shift and then had another which was in this other town so she was ringing for a taxi but they were unavailable, and then this white guy in a van saw my mum just standing there so he asked her if she was ok and she was like yeh just trying to get a taxi and he told her that it’d be impossible bc of the bad weather and then he asked where she needed to go and she told him and he was on his way so he offered to drop her off, and this could have been a murderer or rapist or whatever but i’m sure if youre a woman yk that when somebody has bad intentions you can USUALLY tell and this guy just gave sincere vibes and my mum had to get to work so she accepted and he was very polite and spoke decently without making a big deal and asked about where my mum was ethnically, and sometimes ppl ask rudely, but he asked very nicely . And dropped her off, and thats so sweet of him, he was around 22, and white and my mum wears a headscarf as well so yk you wouldn’t except somebody to help her, and some of you may think im exaggerating but i’m so shocked and obviously grateful that there are actually ppl out of minorities who’ve got empathy and don’t care about stupid differences such as religion and race
Original post by Sohello
i’m so shocked and obviously grateful that there are actually ppl out of minorities who’ve got empathy and don’t care about stupid differences such as religion and race

I remember Muhammad Ali explaining an analogy about how you can’t differentiate the racists from non-racists. It was something about there being 1,000 rattle snakes which you think are all trying to get you. Let’s say about 300 of them had “empathy and they didn’t care about differences in race”. The 700 left are the racists. Are you going to leave your door open and face all 1,000 rattle snakes to try and look for the non-racists, or are you going to just leave the door shut because you simply can’t tell who has empathy or not? If you allow all of them to get in, you risk yourself being bitten. And in this case, when your mum left the door open, fortunately only the non racist accompanied her. She still has to be very careful though as there are still 700 remaining rattle snakes that will eat her alive at any given opportunity.
(edited 2 years ago)

Quick Reply

Latest