Uni percentage grades

Watch
Anonymous #1
Report Thread starter 1 month ago
For those who earned a first, what percentage did u get overall and in each year and for what subject? Tips on how to get a first?
CompSciJP
Badges: 14
Rep:
? You'll earn badges for being active around the site. Rep gems come when your posts are rated by other community members.
Report 1 month ago
It's 70% minimum for a 1st, commitment and hard work, not way around it.
University of Portsmouth Student Rep
Badges: 16
Rep:
? You'll earn badges for being active around the site. Rep gems come when your posts are rated by other community members.
Report 1 month ago
(Original post by Anonymous)
For those who earned a first, what percentage did u get overall and in each year and for what subject? Tips on how to get a first?
Hi!

A first is usually 70%. This means you have to achieve an overall percentage mark above 70.
Most universities offer workshops to improve your grades. I went to one of these and it helped so much. Also, look back at your feedback and ask how you can improve. I would just go to everything that your uni offers, as it's really helpful.

I hope this helps!
Best wishes
Chloe - Official Student Rep
UniofReading
Badges: 14
Rep:
Report 1 month ago
Hey!

I would suggest making sure that when you write any sort of assignment or essay, that you do all the reading before you start writing - making sure you understand all of the content and the literature is really important! Extensive planning of essays also really helps me, as it makes the writing process a lot easier! Most of the hard work for an essay should be done before the writing process.

I hope this helps. As said above, getting a first is a lot of hard work! But worth it in my opinion. You have the right mindset, so just keep working hard and you'll get there

Daisy
3rd year politics and international relations student
hallamstudents
Badges: 18
Rep:
Report 1 month ago
Hiya,

Effort goes a really long way. Listen carefully to feedback from lecturers and attend workshops whenever possible if offered. They can be really useful in navigating you towards achieving higher marks. Make sure that your lecturers can see the amount of effort you're putting into the course and how much you are willing to really take their feedback on board to improve your own work. But please don't forget to enjoy your university experience at the same time and don't be disheartened if you don't manage to get your desired grades the first time around.

Hope this helps!
Quinn - Official Student Ambassador
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

When did you submit your Ucas application if you applied to go to university this year?

September 2021 (3)
5.77%
October 2021 (28)
53.85%
November 2021 (7)
13.46%
December 2021 (5)
9.62%
January 2021 (5)
9.62%
I still haven't submitted it yet! (2)
3.85%