a level biology revision

Watch
abi786
Badges: 13
Rep:
? You'll earn badges for being active around the site. Rep gems come when your posts are rated by other community members.
Report Thread starter 1 month ago
Hi. i revise all the content for bio exams and when it comes around to the tests, i am getting really bad grades. i know that past papers are important, but sometimes i cant even understand the information. i dont know how to apply my knowledge to questions and link different ideas together . does anyone have any tips?
thanks in advance
whatcjidn
Badges: 8
Rep:
? You'll earn badges for being active around the site. Rep gems come when your posts are rated by other community members.
Report 1 month ago
First of all
make sure you know the course content at the back of your hands
try active revision techniques like blurting or flashcards to solidify content knowledge
After that attempt Exam Q's -- application ones and make a note of common applications and the mark scheme answers
abi786
Rep:
(Original post by whatcjidn)
First of all
make sure you know the course content at the back of your hands
try active revision techniques like blurting or flashcards to solidify content knowledge
After that attempt Exam Q's -- application ones and make a note of common applications and the mark scheme answers
what is blurting?
whatcjidn
Rep:
Report 1 month ago
Get a blank piece of A4
Write a topic you need to revise at the top e.g. Photosynthesis: Light Dependant Reaction
Without any notes or guides write all you know about the topic in a time limit lets say 10 mins
Then using a text book/notes/revision guide in a different coloured pen write in what you forgot or missed out
whatcjidn
Rep:
Report 1 month ago
Whats ur exam board btw
abi786
Rep:
a

Whats ur exam board btw
aqa
abi786
Rep:
Get a blank piece of A4
Write a topic you need to revise at the top e.g. Photosynthesis: Light Dependant Reaction
Without any notes or guides write all you know about the topic in a time limit lets say 10 mins
Then using a text book/notes/revision guide in a different coloured pen write in what you forgot or missed out
thank you. i will try it out
whatcjidn
Rep:
Report 1 month ago
yep, same have to admit its a hard course -- what are you on right now ?
abi786
Rep:
yep, same have to admit its a hard course -- what are you on right now ?
doing biological molecules
whatcjidn
Rep:
Report 1 month ago
Have you just started the course??
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

When did you submit your Ucas application if you applied to go to university this year?

September 2021 (1)
2.86%
October 2021 (25)
71.43%
November 2021 (3)
8.57%
December 2021 (2)
5.71%
January 2021 (2)
5.71%
I still haven't submitted it yet! (1)
2.86%