Currioucity
Badges: 2
Rep:
? You'll earn badges for being active around the site. Rep gems come when your posts are rated by other community members.
Report Thread starter 1 month ago
Do you have to write a personal statement with a minimum of 1000 words?
whatcjidn
Badges: 8
Rep:
? You'll earn badges for being active around the site. Rep gems come when your posts are rated by other community members.
Report 1 month ago
i think its 640 words
Zuvio
Badges: 16
Rep:
Report 1 month ago
(Original post by Currioucity)
If you're talking about for undergraduate, then there is no word limit, and there is no minimum. You can write a maximum of 4000 characters (including spaces), or 47 lines. 4000 characters is usually less than 1000 words, so no you don't have to write that much. However, although there is no minimum, I would advise writing as much as you can, otherwise it will look like you didn't have much to talk about.

I'm not sure what limits there are for postgraduate, but I'm pretty sure the answer is still no.
whatcjidn
Badges: 8
Rep:
Report 1 month ago
(Original post by Currioucity)
Apologies i thought u meant maximum
Currioucity
Badges: 2
Rep:
Report Thread starter 1 month ago
Thank you! I realized it was characters and not words after the fact!
Interrobang
Badges: 20
Rep:
Report 1 month ago
You're likely to reach the line limit first, so it's probably best to focus on that
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

When did you submit your Ucas application if you applied to go to university this year?

September 2021 (36)
7.2%
October 2021 (223)
44.6%
November 2021 (59)
11.8%
December 2021 (64)
12.8%
January 2021 (60)
12%
I still haven't submitted it yet! (43)
8.6%