The Student Room Group

UCAS Application

Is it better to send your ucas off earlier or later -- is there a difference besides getting it out the way with. The deadline for my course to apply is January 2022
applications will receive equal consideration no matter when they're submitted - as you said, the only benefit is getting it out of the way
It makes no difference in terms of getting on offer. Unis do not 'run out of offers'.
However, if you apply now you may get some decisions before Christmas - always a good feeling
And although you can apply right up to 26 Jan, if you apply at the last minute in January you will wait longer as your application will get caught up in the deadline tidal wave.
Original post by whatcjidn
Is it better to send your ucas off earlier or later -- is there a difference besides getting it out the way with. The deadline for my course to apply is January 2022

Hey, @whatcjidn

Universities will consider your application regardless of when it was sent. The only difference is that you may get your offer earlier should you send it in earlier. I found, when I was making my application, that it was better to simply send it off after I'd received some feedback from peers and revised it. I kept going back to it and trying to make amendments even though, realistically, I'd squeezed everything in there that I'd wanted to. I was just procrastinating sending it in, thinking it had to be absolutely perfect, which is an unrealistic goal. Just make sure you've got everything that you want in there, look over it, and send it off. Best of luck!

I hope this helps!
Quinn - Official Student Ambassador
Reply 4
Original post by hallamstudents
Hey, @whatcjidn

Universities will consider your application regardless of when it was sent. The only difference is that you may get your offer earlier should you send it in earlier. I found, when I was making my application, that it was better to simply send it off after I'd received some feedback from peers and revised it. I kept going back to it and trying to make amendments even though, realistically, I'd squeezed everything in there that I'd wanted to. I was just procrastinating sending it in, thinking it had to be absolutely perfect, which is an unrealistic goal. Just make sure you've got everything that you want in there, look over it, and send it off. Best of luck!

I hope this helps!
Quinn - Official Student Ambassador

Thank you very much indeed, I will

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending