whatcjidn
Badges: 8
Rep:
? You'll earn badges for being active around the site. Rep gems come when your posts are rated by other community members.
Report Thread starter 1 month ago
Is it better to send your ucas off earlier or later -- is there a difference besides getting it out the way with. The deadline for my course to apply is January 2022
heccyeah
Badges: 16
Rep:
? You'll earn badges for being active around the site. Rep gems come when your posts are rated by other community members.
Report 1 month ago
applications will receive equal consideration no matter when they're submitted - as you said, the only benefit is getting it out of the way
McGinger
Badges: 18
Rep:
Report 1 month ago
It makes no difference in terms of getting on offer. Unis do not 'run out of offers'.
However, if you apply now you may get some decisions before Christmas - always a good feeling
And although you can apply right up to 26 Jan, if you apply at the last minute in January you will wait longer as your application will get caught up in the deadline tidal wave.
hallamstudents
Badges: 18
Rep:
Report 1 month ago
(Original post by whatcjidn)
Is it better to send your ucas off earlier or later -- is there a difference besides getting it out the way with. The deadline for my course to apply is January 2022
Hey, whatcjidn

Universities will consider your application regardless of when it was sent. The only difference is that you may get your offer earlier should you send it in earlier. I found, when I was making my application, that it was better to simply send it off after I'd received some feedback from peers and revised it. I kept going back to it and trying to make amendments even though, realistically, I'd squeezed everything in there that I'd wanted to. I was just procrastinating sending it in, thinking it had to be absolutely perfect, which is an unrealistic goal. Just make sure you've got everything that you want in there, look over it, and send it off. Best of luck!

I hope this helps!
Quinn - Official Student Ambassador
whatcjidn
Badges: 8
Rep:
Report Thread starter 1 month ago
(Original post by hallamstudents)
Hey, whatcjidn

Universities will consider your application regardless of when it was sent. The only difference is that you may get your offer earlier should you send it in earlier. I found, when I was making my application, that it was better to simply send it off after I'd received some feedback from peers and revised it. I kept going back to it and trying to make amendments even though, realistically, I'd squeezed everything in there that I'd wanted to. I was just procrastinating sending it in, thinking it had to be absolutely perfect, which is an unrealistic goal. Just make sure you've got everything that you want in there, look over it, and send it off. Best of luck!

I hope this helps!
Quinn - Official Student Ambassador
Thank you very much indeed, I will
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

When did you submit your Ucas application if you applied to go to university this year?

September 2021 (36)
7.23%
October 2021 (221)
44.38%
November 2021 (59)
11.85%
December 2021 (64)
12.85%
January 2021 (60)
12.05%
I still haven't submitted it yet! (43)
8.63%