Anonymous #1
Report Thread starter 1 month ago
my father and i just can’t get along. My religion heavily emphasises the importance of parents and i always try to resolve issues with my dad but i just can’t do it anymore. he’s childish and thinks it’s his way or the highway. i’m tired of always apologising first and ma king an effort to talk to him.
G112
Badges: 12
Rep:
? You'll earn badges for being active around the site. Rep gems come when your posts are rated by other community members.
Report 1 month ago
I think I understand you a little bit. I'm afraid I don't have much advice though.
My way is to just stick it out, wait till I can move out, and hope it will be better then. I'm not risking what could happen if I can't keep it up.
It sucks to always have to be the one that comprises, and the one that gives in for the sake of peace. Whatever happens, I hope you can get through it alright x
Anonymous #2
Report 1 month ago
sometimes people just don't get along. just because you are the same blood unfortunately doesn't mean you can get on with eachother. i have the same problem with my dad, i can never actually have a proper conversation with him. he always thinks he's right and turns every joke into a problem. i just leave the conversation if i know it's going to turn into an argument
NonIndigenous
Badges: 20
Rep:
? You'll earn badges for being active around the site. Rep gems come when your posts are rated by other community members.
Report 1 month ago
(Original post by Anonymous)
my father and i just can’t get along. My religion heavily emphasises the importance of parents and i always try to resolve issues with my dad but i just can’t do it anymore. he’s childish and thinks it’s his way or the highway. i’m tired of always apologising first and ma king an effort to talk to him.
Next time he starts a fight with you, take a fart in his jelly desert.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Have you ever considered or are you currently considering an apprenticeship?

Yes, I am actively considering an apprenticeship (66)
12.2%
I am actively considering an alternative to uni that isn't an apprenticeship (9)
1.66%
I have considered an apprenticeship but it's not for me (141)
26.06%
I am considering a degree apprenticeship (44)
8.13%
I haven't considered an apprenticeship (263)
48.61%
Something else (let us know in the thread!) (18)
3.33%

Watched Threads