The Student Room Group
Inside University of Bristol
University of Bristol
Bristol

Bristol offer for Law

Heyy
So I’ve just sat my LNAT and I think I did decent on it but not ‘amazing’. My predicted is AAB but I’m sure I’m eligible for a contextual offer for most universities because of the area I live in. Shall I apply for Law at Bristol or not? I’ve had my heart set on it for a while and I know I can get higher than AAB in the real thing :/
(edited 2 years ago)
Original post by Mahima.xox
Heyy
So I’ve just sat my LNAT and I think I did decent on it but not ‘amazing’. My predicted is AAB but I’m sure I’m eligible for a contextual offer for most universities because of the area I live in. Shall I apply for Law at Bristol or not? I’ve had my heart set on it for a while and I know I can get higher than AAB in the real thing :/

You should be sure regarding your contextual status. If you are eligible for a contextual offer then you have the predicted grades for it and if it is your top choice then it's definitely worth applying. If you don't apply you'll have zero chance anyway.

If you are not eligible for the contextual offer applying for A*AA with AAB predictions can be a bit of a jump. You can obviously go for it but make sure your other choices are safer and more reasonable. The general division is 1 aspirational, 2-3 at your predictions, 1-2 below just to avoid receiving 5 rejections.

That being said if you are set on Bristol you always have the option of re-applying next cycle if your actual achieved grades are in line with their requirements.
Inside University of Bristol
University of Bristol
Bristol
Reply 2
You’re right I’ll apply! It’s just hard facing a rejection for me😭 and I do live in an area with a low progression to higher education so I’m sure that means I’m eligible for a contextual.
Thanks for the advice!
You’re right I’ll apply! It’s just hard facing a rejection for me😭 and I do live in an area with a low progression to higher education so I’m sure that means I’m eligible for a contextual.
Thanks for the advice!

There is a postcode checker on Bristol's website if you wanted to just double check you are in the right Quintile.

http://www.bristol.ac.uk/study/undergraduate/entry-requirements-qualifications/contextual-offers/

"You will be eligible for a contextual offer if, at the point of application, you live in an area that has a low rate of progression to higher education according to POLAR4 data. To determine this, we use the home address on your UCAS application form.

You can check whether your address qualifies by entering your postcode into the POLAR checking tool on the Office for Students (OFS) website. Eligible postcodes are those as defined as being within Quintiles 1 or 2 using the POLAR4 metric."

You can check your postcode here:
https://www.officeforstudents.org.uk/data-and-analysis/young-participation-by-area/search-by-postcode/

You just wanna be certain as you only get 5 choices.
Shall I apply for Law at Bristol or not?

Yes.
Because if you dont you will always wonder what might have happened if only you had.
Reply 5
Yes! I qualify thankfully lmao

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending