bad at flirting

Watch
Anonymous #1
Report Thread starter 1 month ago
the thing is i can flirt with literally ANY guy, like random strangers etc. alot of people say i'm quite a flirty person. but when it comes to a guy i actually like suddenly i forget how to flirt. it's not that i'm really nervous around them, but like i genuinely forget how to be flirty. it's to the point that it seems like i'm not even interested in them and i hate it
G112
Badges: 12
Rep:
? You'll earn badges for being active around the site. Rep gems come when your posts are rated by other community members.
Report 1 month ago
Haha, I don't know how to help this one. I'm a naturally flirtatious person too (though I'm not interested at all in dating or hooking up with anyone).
Since it's only when it's someone you like, it's probably your nerves. You might not be really nervous around them, but you are overthinking what you are doing when you are around them. I guess just treat them like a friend at first and see where it goes from there? Idk mate, I guess wait for someone more experienced to reply lol
NonIndigenous
Badges: 20
Rep:
? You'll earn badges for being active around the site. Rep gems come when your posts are rated by other community members.
Report 1 month ago
(Original post by Anonymous)
the thing is i can flirt with literally ANY guy, like random strangers etc. alot of people say i'm quite a flirty person. but when it comes to a guy i actually like suddenly i forget how to flirt. it's not that i'm really nervous around them, but like i genuinely forget how to be flirty. it's to the point that it seems like i'm not even interested in them and i hate it
You 'forget' to be flirty? So on the other hand, that sounds like you are being deliberately flirty with guys that you're not even interested in?

I don't know how else to read this.

Just be yourself. Nobody should feel the need to behave significantly different around strangers, and someone whom they are interested in, asides from showing that you're interested in them obviously.
Anonymous #2
Report 1 month ago
Probably because there's more at stake when it's someone you have real feelings for. You want it to be reciprocal and not just casual flirting. It's understandable. I overthink things a lot when it comes to girls I like as well.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Have you ever considered or are you currently considering an apprenticeship?

Yes, I am actively considering an apprenticeship (68)
12.43%
I am actively considering an alternative to uni that isn't an apprenticeship (9)
1.65%
I have considered an apprenticeship but it's not for me (142)
25.96%
I am considering a degree apprenticeship (44)
8.04%
I haven't considered an apprenticeship (266)
48.63%
Something else (let us know in the thread!) (18)
3.29%

Watched Threads