jazzagw
Badges: 5
Rep:
? You'll earn badges for being active around the site. Rep gems come when your posts are rated by other community members.
Report Thread starter 1 month ago
I know KCL is more prestigious but I really like Royal Holloway still, and I only have space left for one uni on my choices list.
any opinion / info if appreciated
Would love some personal experience, advice, expectations, what do you prefer&why, etc for both unis- doesn't have to be course specific but amazing if so
Last edited by jazzagw; 1 month ago
TicTockClock
Badges: 12
Rep:
? You'll earn badges for being active around the site. Rep gems come when your posts are rated by other community members.
Report 1 month ago
Can't help in terms of the course (I did biomed), but as a RHUL alumni, I can't recommend the university enough. The campus is beautiful, everything is basically within walking distance, the library is open 24/7 (with a franchised Starbucks so everything is discounted. If that's not your jam, there's a Costa three seconds away), the Reading Room in Founder's is a beautiful place to study, you can walk into Egham in less than 5 minutes from campus; there's everything you need there. Station that gets into Waterloo in 20 minutes, Waitrose, Iceland, Boots, Superdrug, Tesco, loads of charity shops to pick from. Lots of little cafes and pubs to sit and study in. Plus the legendary Runnymede Chicken. The medical centre of campus isn't the best but there is one in Egham you can register with who are fab. And then you can get the bus into Staines (or if you drive its about 10 mins) which is the biggest town, with a massive shopping centre and cinema with a gym etc. Honestly loved my time there, and can't recommend it enough (although parking is a NIGHTMARE). I get the prestige thing (I was the same picking between unis), but at the end of the day, your degree is still your degree regardless of where it comes from. Just work hard and get the best grade you can!
Last edited by TicTockClock; 1 month ago
jazzagw
Badges: 5
Rep:
Report Thread starter 1 month ago
(Original post by TicTockClock)
Can't help in terms of the course (I did biomed), but as a RHUL alumni, I can't recommend the university enough. The campus is beautiful, everything is basically within walking distance, the library is open 24/7 (with a franchised Starbucks so everything is discounted. If that's not your jam, there's a Costa three seconds away), the Reading Room in Founder's is a beautiful place to study, you can walk into Egham in less than 5 minutes from campus; there's everything you need there. Station that gets into Waterloo in 20 minutes, Waitrose, Iceland, Boots, Superdrug, Tesco, loads of charity shops to pick from. Lots of little cafes and pubs to sit and study in. Plus the legendary Runnymede Chicken. The medical centre of campus isn't the best but there is one in Egham you can register with who are fab. And then you can get the bus into Staines (or if you drive its about 10 mins) which is the biggest town, with a massive shopping centre and cinema with a gym etc. Honestly loved my time there, and can't recommend it enough (although parking is a NIGHTMARE). I get the prestige thing (I was the same picking between unis), but at the end of the day, your degree is still your degree regardless of where it comes from. Just work hard and get the best grade you can!
tysm that helps a lot!
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Have you ever considered or are you currently considering an apprenticeship?

Yes, I am actively considering an apprenticeship (66)
12.24%
I am actively considering an alternative to uni that isn't an apprenticeship (9)
1.67%
I have considered an apprenticeship but it's not for me (141)
26.16%
I am considering a degree apprenticeship (44)
8.16%
I haven't considered an apprenticeship (261)
48.42%
Something else (let us know in the thread!) (18)
3.34%

Watched Threads