What is wrong with this girl and is it even worth talking to her anymore?

Watch
Anonymous #1
Report Thread starter 1 month ago
We've been talking for some time and sometimes she replies me excitedly and happily continues the conversation and then all of a sudden gets cold and leaves me on read or sent. It's a repeat cycle and it's giving me whiplash kind of. Makes me not even want to put in the effort to talk to her anymore. I feel like it shouldn't be this difficult getting close with someone.
Magicallight
Badges: 7
Rep:
? You'll earn badges for being active around the site. Rep gems come when your posts are rated by other community members.
Report 1 month ago
(Original post by Anonymous)
We've been talking for some time and sometimes she replies me excitedly and happily continues the conversation and then all of a sudden gets cold and leaves me on read or sent. It's a repeat cycle and it's giving me whiplash kind of. Makes me not even want to put in the effort to talk to her anymore. I feel like it shouldn't be this difficult getting close with someone.
I’m guilty of doing the same thing it’s because I’m busy !! It’s nothing personal
Anonymous #1
(Original post by Magicallight)
I’m guilty of doing the same thing it’s because I’m busy !! It’s nothing personal
She still goes on social media and likes things though, which is why I'm skeptical. We dm mostly through instagram which is why it's disheartening to see her leave my message unread and then goes and likes some meme
Anonymous #2
Report 1 month ago
She still goes on social media and likes things though, which is why I'm skeptical. We dm mostly through instagram which is why it's disheartening to see her leave my message unread and then goes and likes some meme
Lmao is this me?? Sometimes I’ll be on social media but wont reply because I get overwhelmed easily when too many people are messaging me
Anonymous #1
Lmao is this me?? Sometimes I’ll be on social media but wont reply because I get overwhelmed easily when too many people are messaging me
Hahah ok fair enough if that's the case. Just makes it a little harder to make any progress with her and I don't wanna be pushy and keep dm-ing either so I guess I'll just leave it.
Anonymous #2
Report 1 month ago
Hahah ok fair enough if that's the case. Just makes it a little harder to make any progress with her and I don't wanna be pushy and keep dm-ing either so I guess I'll just leave it.
I usually message when I’m ready or free, next time she does it just don’t message her again and wait for her to reply in her own time
CaptainDuckie
Badges: 22
Rep:
? You'll earn badges for being active around the site. Rep gems come when your posts are rated by other community members.
Report 1 month ago

the message you replied with wasn’t worthy of a reply. But.... to be honest, if a girl really liked you then she would reply to every message that you send. (Unless she hates you or something.) I would say just don’t get your hopes up with her, and don’t drop your guard down too early... until you can figure her out

Just don’t be the person she runs to whenever she’s bored. Trust me.
Last edited by CaptainDuckie; 1 month ago
Anonymous #3
Report 1 month ago
here are all the possibilities ( this is coming from a female )

1. She likes you and is to shy
2. trying to make you jealous
3. Maybe you have said something to her that might've caused it.
4. confront her, ( especially if you like her , it will show her that your interested and confident )
5. many other possibilities , please don't always jump into conclusions
HelloHello143
Badges: 11
Rep:
Report 1 month ago
Cud she be an introvert by any chance? Im introverted and do this all the time, social interaction can be really draining and sometimes it randomly happens

Like i can be in the middle of a really good convo then all of a sudden it turns boring and i get tired and I reply with oh, ok, yeh, just can't be bothered

Or it cud just be that some parts of the convo are good and some aren't, she replies based on her interest, no one is gonna engage in a boring convo introvert or not.
Anonymous #1
(Original post by HelloHello143)
Cud she be an introvert by any chance? Im introverted and do this all the time, social interaction can be really draining and sometimes it randomly happens

Like i can be in the middle of a really good convo then all of a sudden it turns boring and i get tired and I reply with oh, ok, yeh, just can't be bothered

Or it cud just be that some parts of the convo are good and some aren't, she replies based on her interest, no one is gonna engage in a boring convo introvert or not.
I'm not sure if she is but what happened was we had a good conversation going and she was replying normally and in an excitable manner. I replied her a couple hours later because I was with family and the 2 messages I sent were left unread, meaning she didn't even see what I said unless she has notifs on. I sent them on Sunday and today is Wednesday and she has been online liking memes as she usually does. She used to watch my stories daily too and suddenly just stopped. I'm not sure what I did, because I didn't say anything wrong. It was a normal friendly reply to what she said to me.
Anonymous #1
I usually message when I’m ready or free, next time she does it just don’t message her again and wait for her to reply in her own time
Alright, I'll do that.
Anonymous #1
Update: I sent her a follow up message which sounded a little bit confrontational and she replied immediately. Weird how people always do that. Guess she just wasn't interested and not being upfront about it. Moving on!
Anonymous #4
Report 1 month ago
With these thing (and from my experience) if someone is acting a bit off I'd message and see if they want to meet up.

As a girl, if I'm talking to a guy but he hasn't asked me out in a while I would definitely put less effort into a convo with them.

Obviously then as well if they want to meet up with you then great! But if they say no, I'd leave it and move on.

From my experience, people who want to spend time with you WILL. I have cancelled plans with people before to ensure I could see someone.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Have you ever considered or are you currently considering an apprenticeship?

Yes, I am actively considering an apprenticeship (67)
12.36%
I am actively considering an alternative to uni that isn't an apprenticeship (9)
1.66%
I have considered an apprenticeship but it's not for me (141)
26.01%
I am considering a degree apprenticeship (44)
8.12%
I haven't considered an apprenticeship (263)
48.52%
Something else (let us know in the thread!) (18)
3.32%

Watched Threads