maxk1234
Badges: 3
Rep:
? You'll earn badges for being active around the site. Rep gems come when your posts are rated by other community members.
Report Thread starter 1 month ago
Am deciding my top uni and I don’t know if I want to go to aber Or a city uni what are the pros and cons of each
Anisa-CityUoL
Badges: 6
Rep:
? You'll earn badges for being active around the site. Rep gems come when your posts are rated by other community members.
Report 1 month ago
Hi maxk1234

I hope you are doing well.

I am a final year LLB Law student studying at City, University of London and I noticed that you are unsure about which university you want as your first choice. What course are you applying for? How are you finding the application process?

This is usually down to each individual person so it will be difficult for others to help on making a pros and cons list for each university. However, a tip that I recommend is for you to make a table with each university and go through their website, videos, YouTube, course page and student services and see what stands out for you. Read the information on the websites as this really helped me in finalising my first choice. This should then provide you with information as to which university you prefer. Also, I would recommend making use of open days that they may have available or looking at their social media pages. This really helped me as I got to see the different things that the university was up to when I was applying to UCAS.

I hope this helps. If you have any questions then please feel free to ask and I will be happy to answer them.

Anisa 😊
Final Year LLB Law Student
McGinger
Badges: 18
Rep:
Report 1 month ago
Aberruthwyth is gorgeous - small, cosy, everyone knows you and the Uni has a great academic reputation.
ageshallnot
Badges: 21
Rep:
Report 1 month ago
The key difference is the environment. London or a small coastal town.
UCLan Ambassador
Badges: 14
Rep:
Report 1 month ago
(Original post by maxk1234)
Am deciding my top uni and I don’t know if I want to go to aber Or a city uni what are the pros and cons of each
Hi maxk1234

I hope you're well.

I'm a UCLan graduate and was initially sceptical about moving to a new City and whether I was better considering other options. Of course, it's down to the individual and what they feel comfortable with, and that has to be a priority when deciding your top choice. Cities are vibrant and generally offer more from a student experience perspective, but on the other hand Universities in a town can provide that closer community feel that often connects students together. I would recommend doing some further research based on what you are wanting from the university, such as the size of the campus, accommodation options etc. I really found that speaking to other students helped me to make my decision and feel comfortable after getting this advice. Universities will also have student support that will give you tips/advice on any questions you may have, which is also a good option. Open Days can also provide a more authentic feel, and these were really helpful for me in particular when deciding between my options. You can explore the campus in more detail, speak to current students, course tutors and get a general feel for the University and if you can see yourself in that environment.

I hope this helps. Good luck with the process and if you have any further questions please let me know and I'd be happy to help

Many thanks,
Dan
Last edited by UCLan Ambassador; 1 month ago
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

When did you submit your Ucas application if you applied to go to university this year?

September 2021 (36)
7.2%
October 2021 (223)
44.6%
November 2021 (59)
11.8%
December 2021 (64)
12.8%
January 2021 (60)
12%
I still haven't submitted it yet! (43)
8.6%