wifd149's last fight to end my law degree with a bang!!!

Watch
wifd149
Badges: 20
Rep:
? You'll earn badges for being active around the site. Rep gems come when your posts are rated by other community members.
Report Thread starter 3 weeks ago
Day 5 (17 days left)

New Year's Eve :closedeyes:

we do not talk about today, I'm ****ed (migraine)

Happy New Years though!!! :wings:
Last edited by wifd149; 3 weeks ago
Advertisement
wifd149
Rep:
? You'll earn badges for being active around the site. Rep gems come when your posts are rated by other community members.
Report Thread starter 2 weeks ago
Day 4 (16 days left)
Will edit this post throughout the day

12:46 pm: completed through some of my checklist.

To-dos:

• complete reading on CTOs (done)
  • read through reviewing detentions to look for the parts where the principle is applicable to the family home (50%)
  • understand how the MCA and MHA work in tandem for CTOs and guardianship

1:58 pm: have done 50% of the reading on reviewing detentions. Turns that I need to read the whole thing to understand the principles and how they are assessed when it comes to reviewing detentions. On the other hand, it might be a good thing that I have noticed it. Best avoid mistakes in making this essay.

6:58 pm: I have no motivation to do this, taking a slight break and continuing tomorrow.

Most probably tomorrow's plans is to finish the reading and then start reading the articles + cases I have compiled. I am literally taking my time ain't I?
Last edited by wifd149; 2 weeks ago
Catherine1973
Rep:
Report 2 weeks ago
Well done!
I can’t be arsed to do my coursework due 21st Jan so have to revise for 19tj exam instead. Ie get something done!
Advertisement
wifd149
Rep:
(Original post by Catherine1973)
Well done!
I can’t be arsed to do my coursework due 21st Jan so have to revise for 19tj exam instead. Ie get something done!
Oooo good luck!

To be fair I've been slacking off quite a lot too :cry: Especially considering that I'm not even up to the date politely with most of my semester 1 syllabi. I'm just lucky that two of my semester 1 subjects are assignments-based.
rijul shah
Badges: 11
Rep:
Report 2 weeks ago
I’m having nightmares that I submitted the wrong document for an exam in December. The link has expired so I can’t even check. Argh I just want my results already!
Advertisement
wifd149
Rep:
(Original post by rijul shah)
I’m having nightmares that I submitted the wrong document for an exam in December. The link has expired so I can’t even check. Argh I just want my results already!
I’m sure you’ll do fine You sound like a person who double-checks before or after submitting so your nightmare shouldn’t be true. All the best for your marks!
wifd149
Rep:
Putting this out here that I continue what I have to do today, and I have to finish everything by this week.

Sorry for the lack of updates, currently too caught up in other threads on TSR.
Advertisement
AmIReallyHere
Rep:
Report 2 weeks ago
omg tag me for this
wifd149
Rep:
(Original post by AmIReallyHere)
omg tag me for this
Hahaha, I don’t always update here but I will if I post again, I would aye
Advertisement
Catherine1973
Rep:
Report 2 weeks ago
How’s it going? I have managed to write 50% of my 7500 word coursework (in video game law!) now they are not the best words but they are words ob spate that can be edited a ton. Hoping to finish writing by weekend then can start editing. But got carried away reading about no man’s sky (for my essay honest)
I Should also do practice exam questions for exam in 2 weeks but think best to get essay mostly done first and stop switching between the 2. Social media law is interesting and plenty going on with that in news right now.
wifd149
Rep:
How’s it going? I have managed to write 50% of my 7500 word coursework (in video game law!) now they are not the best words but they are words ob spate that can be edited a ton. Hoping to finish writing by weekend then can start editing. But got carried away reading about no man’s sky (for my essay honest)
I Should also do practice exam questions for exam in 2 weeks but think best to get essay mostly done first and stop switching between the 2. Social media law is interesting and plenty going on with that in news right now.
Thanks for checking up on me! Great to hear that you are progressing well too!

I am – give and take – about 30% done with my 6,500-word courseworks? The reason being is that I am the kind that has to know the facts and my points before writing, so writing the work itself isn’t normally an issue for me. I would sit myself down and write the essay in one go, so I am expecting that there will be more progress to be done with once I have gathered all of my materials and points. I am also intending to finish it (or, at least the majority of it) within this week - the latest to produce the final product will be this upcoming Tuesday.

I have also got to review, reorganise, and revise for Company Law which I need to start on next Wednesday or earlier if I am done with my courseworks.

Video game law does sound interesting! Especially for someone like myself, who really loves playing video games. Social media law is also quite important and may get more entertaining with whatever is going on now.
Advertisement
HaydenFordz
Badges: 19
Rep:
Report 2 weeks ago
tag me
wifd149
Rep:
(Original post by HaydenFordz)
tag me
Oh sure! Will do when I post something here again (better be soon) :thumbsup:
Advertisement
journeyaway
Rep:
Report 1 week ago
Hey, happy new year - really great to read all about your progress. Keep it up. Gathering the points and materials is often the most time-consuming task. Better to know all your points first before you start on the writing - nothing hurts more than having to demolish an entire argument once you find something that's more accurate/relevant!
wifd149
Rep:
Report Thread starter 1 week ago
(Original post by journeyaway)
Hey, happy new year - really great to read all about your progress. Keep it up. Gathering the points and materials is often the most time-consuming task. Better to know all your points first before you start on the writing - nothing hurts more than having to demolish an entire argument once you find something that's more accurate/relevant!
Aye, very true mate

I actually made a whole other thread for ranting, but that’s another Pandora’s box waiting to be opened. Long story short, still not done - but I am at the second to last stage? Should start writing on Saturday or Sunday for 6,500 words and submit them by Monday or Tuesday or Wednesday?

I hope that you are well mate :woo:
rijul shah
Rep:
Report 1 week ago
My grade in EU law has dropped down to 65%.
wifd149
Rep:
(Original post by rijul shah)
My grade in EU law has dropped down to 65%.
My condolences mate It's why I normally don't check for my marks unless it's the end of the year. It's still a 65% aye!
Advertisement
rijul shah
Rep:
Report 1 week ago
(Original post by wifd149)
My condolences mate It's why I normally don't check for my marks unless it's the end of the year. It's still a 65% aye!
That’s my final mark for the module!! Kind of pissed.
Catherine1973
Rep:
Report 1 week ago
Good luck with writing this weekend. I have managed to do the writing so need to spend weekend editing as there is quite a bit of waffle in there. Abs needs more criticism and reform etc and bringing facts back to show how relevant to the question! Not at all fun!
wifd149
Rep:
Good luck with writing this weekend. I have managed to do the writing so need to spend weekend editing as there is quite a bit of waffle in there. Abs needs more criticism and reform etc and bringing facts back to show how relevant to the question! Not at all fun!
That's great! Agreed that bit isn't much fun, you should be done soon though :yep:
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

What is your favourite revision method?

Taking notes manually (36)
21.95%
Note taking apps (5)
3.05%
Flashcards (29)
17.68%
Revision guides (5)
3.05%
Past papers (83)
50.61%
Something else (let us know in the thread) (6)
3.66%

Watched Threads