A level Chemistry - acids question

Watch
danhas20
Badges: 10
Rep:
? You'll earn badges for being active around the site. Rep gems come when your posts are rated by other community members.
Report Thread starter 1 month ago
Hi everyone,
just looking through an acids and redox checklist for ocr a, and came across this:
How should you prepare glassware for a titration?
I know you have to rinse something with acid but I can't remember which way round it is.
Do I rinse conical flask with acid or the burette with acid? And which do I rinse with distilled water?
I hope this makes sense,
thx
Purple43Monkey
Badges: 8
Rep:
? You'll earn badges for being active around the site. Rep gems come when your posts are rated by other community members.
Report 1 month ago
If you're titrating with acid in the burette, then rinse the burette with the acid, and the conical flask with distilled water (always rinse the conical flask with distilled water, even if you're titrating against a base).
Hope this helps!
danhas20
Badges: 10
Rep:
Report Thread starter 1 month ago
Legend thanks so much!
Purple43Monkey
Badges: 8
Rep:
Report 1 month ago
(Original post by danhas20)
Legend thanks so much!
No problem! titration can be pretty confusing
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

What is your favourite revision method?

Taking notes manually (53)
21.81%
Note taking apps (6)
2.47%
Flashcards (46)
18.93%
Revision guides (15)
6.17%
Past papers (115)
47.33%
Something else (let us know in the thread) (8)
3.29%

Watched Threads

Latest
My Feed