The Student Room Group

Ucas nursing personal statement

I was wondering would it reduce my chance if I just mentioned ‘general nursing’ or a career of a ‘nurse’ throughout my personal statement or do you think it would be better to mention the specific nursing I am most interested in. I wanted to do this to widen my chances I know a few other people are doing this in my class but I’d be scared the offices would put this against me. I was just wondering what your opinion would be on this ? as I know you can’t do 2 personal statements . I really want to do children’s nursing but it’s far from home . However adult nursing is in my local area which I would also be grateful for , but I’m torn between both .
I think you need to decide upon and commit to a branch imo. Children's nursing is pretty competitive, having a PS that is centred on that branch and shows commitment to it is likely to get more attention and as such interviews.
Reply 2
Original post by Racheld2022
I was wondering would it reduce my chance if I just mentioned ‘general nursing’ or a career of a ‘nurse’ throughout my personal statement or do you think it would be better to mention the specific nursing I am most interested in. I wanted to do this to widen my chances I know a few other people are doing this in my class but I’d be scared the offices would put this against me. I was just wondering what your opinion would be on this ? as I know you can’t do 2 personal statements . I really want to do children’s nursing but it’s far from home . However adult nursing is in my local area which I would also be grateful for , but I’m torn between both .

1) "General nursing" doesn't exist as a branch so don't mention it.
2) Apply for the branch you actually want to do, that way you're more likely to get a place/see the course out.
3) as for mentioning the branch? What moonkatt said.
Original post by Racheld2022

You are applying to become a nurse so you'll need to decide which one is your preferred choice and then concertrate on that particular one only.

So if you want to become a children nurse then only apply for this one only,
Same applies to become a adult nurse then only apply for this one only,
Same goes for say for midwifing as well.

Personal statement must be solely on which one you want to do as if you mention another nursing course on it they will think you are not interested in the one you want to do.
Don't be put off what others are doing as long as you do your one properly then you'll have better chance over your class mates.

Quick Reply