The Student Room Group

UCAS exam grades

Hi guys, I got given a centre assessed grade of 5 in English Language GCSE in August 2020, I then took the exam (not a resit) in November and received a grade 7. When I applied for UCAS I only put down my November grade of 7 and now my sixth form is saying I have to put both down. I am worried this will look bad as a lot of unis don’t accept/ dislike GCSE resits. What should I do? Or is there anyone else in the same boat as me? Thanks 😄
Original post by Wb0151
Hi guys, I got given a centre assessed grade of 5 in English Language GCSE in August 2020, I then took the exam (not a resit) in November and received a grade 7. When I applied for UCAS I only put down my November grade of 7 and now my sixth form is saying I have to put both down. I am worried this will look bad as a lot of unis don’t accept/ dislike GCSE resits. What should I do? Or is there anyone else in the same boat as me? Thanks 😄

Mate, I’m in the same boat as you, I’m fuming with my school!!! Trying to get it sorted out.
Original post by Wb0151

Original post by ahmxdhanif
Mate, I’m in the same boat as you, I’m fuming with my school!!! Trying to get it sorted out.

You must list all your achieved grades, even for subjects that you are resitting, (and they are aware that these are not true 'resits'). This is a UCAS requirement and if you try to hide grades you are not happy with it could lead to you being excluded from the admissions cycle.

Uni's do not care about GCSE retakes. It will not affect the outcome of your application. They do care about omitting bits of your education history.

https://www.ucas.com/undergraduate/applying-university/filling-your-ucas-undergraduate-application - "You must enter all your qualifications from secondary education onwards"
(edited 2 years ago)
GCSE grades really don't matter as long as u passed, theyre not going to see it any different...
Original post by HelloHello143
GCSE grades really don't matter as long as u passed, theyre not going to see it any different...

No, there are some subjects that will score GCSE profiles. Others may have specific GCSE requirements.
You need to add any missing grades to your application.
Unis eventaully get a data-feed from exam-boards to cross-check this so it isnt wotth lying or being 'economic' with entries.

There is a simple online form to update your application at UCAS : https://www.ucas.com/forms/request-amend-qualifications-listed-your-application
(edited 2 years ago)

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending