What shall I do?

Watch
Chelsea877
Badges: 6
Rep:
? You'll earn badges for being active around the site. Rep gems come when your posts are rated by other community members.
Report Thread starter 1 month ago
My mums forcing me to marry a girl, shes pretty but I dont feel like marrying her. If i say no, i feel like im disappointing her. Im Pakistani btw
Anonymous #1
Report 1 month ago
Lol if disappointing her means you don't live the rest of your life depressed, then it's worth it.

If you don't want to marry her, then don't. It'll be bad for both of you. I'm Asian, so I understand your problem. Get married when you're ready and with someone you and your parents approve of, not just your parents.
Chelsea877
Rep:
? You'll earn badges for being active around the site. Rep gems come when your posts are rated by other community members.
(Original post by Anonymous)
Lol if disappointing her means you don't live the rest of your life depressed, then it's worth it.

If you don't want to marry her, then don't. It'll be bad for both of you. I'm Asian, so I understand your problem. Get married when you're ready and with someone you and your parents approve of, not just your parents.
Thanks for that
Last edited by Chelsea877; 1 month ago
Ash95x
Badges: 10
Rep:
Report 1 month ago
Say no, get a job and move out. Problem solved!
Chelsea877
Rep:
(Original post by Ash95x)
Say no, get a job and move out. Problem solved!
I mean its not bad enough to move out for, but who knows in the future.
Ash95x
Badges: 10
Rep:
Report 1 month ago
(Original post by Chelsea877)
I mean its not bad enough to move out for, but who knows in the future.
Your mum forcing you to get married isn't bad enough to move out? If that's not bad enough then nothing ever will be.
londonmyst
Badges: 18
Rep:
Report 1 month ago
I understand some of how you are feeling.
I'm female and not asian but have turned down arranged marriage approaches.
Quite a few of my school friends got married as teenagers.
My family tree includes centuries of early marriages.

Your future ambitions, happiness and health have to come first.
Always trust your gut instinct and listen to what your common sense is telling you.
It is your right to decide whether you want to get married and if so when & who to.

Does your mother really believe that you are now at the right time in your life to be able to afford the costs of a wedding and able to support a wife & possible family?
Not just in financial terms- also in terms of maintaining long term commitment, trust and emotional support.
Good luck!
Last edited by londonmyst; 1 month ago
Anonymous #1
Report 1 month ago
(Original post by Chelsea877)
Thanks for that, i mean im 21, so proper young, but yeah, anyways. Are you married? (that was not a chat up line haha, i dont even know if youre female)

Na g, I'm a similar age to you, but I've seen it happen before with people I know. I'm male as well hahaha
summerbirdreads
Badges: 20
Rep:
Report 1 month ago
Say no.. it will be unfair to both you and her.
Anonymous #2
Report 4 weeks ago
Find someone you get along with and introduce her to your mum and marry her.
That way you get to marry someone you actually want and keep your mum happy at the same time!
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

What is your favourite revision method?

Taking notes manually (53)
21.72%
Note taking apps (6)
2.46%
Flashcards (47)
19.26%
Revision guides (15)
6.15%
Past papers (115)
47.13%
Something else (let us know in the thread) (8)
3.28%

Watched Threads