Who's applied for a 5th choice for medicine?

Watch
themartinipolice
Badges: 12
Rep:
? You'll earn badges for being active around the site. Rep gems come when your posts are rated by other community members.
Report Thread starter 1 month ago
First rejection has rolled in lol, I still haven't applied for a 5th choice and probably won't. But I'm just wondering what other people might have applied to. When I was looking into what to apply for I realised I really didn't want to just be doing a straight Biology or biomedical degree really, nor did I want to be an allied health professional as I knew I'd just end up regretting not doing medicine. The only other thing I think I would actually LOVE studying as much as medicine is Languages or maybe classics, but neither of those are careers in. Thus my decision not to apply for anything, gap year and reapply is the plan if I don't get the rest of my choices. themselves.

What has everyone here applied for?
ecolier
Badges: 22
Rep:
? You'll earn badges for being active around the site. Rep gems come when your posts are rated by other community members.
Report 1 month ago
(Original post by themartinipolice)
First rejection has rolled in lol, I still haven't applied for a 5th choice and probably won't. But I'm just wondering what other people might have applied to. When I was looking into what to apply for I realised I really didn't want to just be doing a straight Biology or biomedical degree really, nor did I want to be an allied health professional as I knew I'd just end up regretting not doing medicine. The only other thing I think I would actually LOVE studying as much as medicine is Languages or maybe classics, but neither of those are careers in. Thus my decision not to apply for anything, gap year and reapply is the plan if I don't get the rest of my choices. themselves.

What has everyone here applied for?
No one should apply for a 5th choice if their heart is set on Medicine.

Never ever do a degree with the sole aim for graduate entry medicine, because it will take longer, cost more and (most importantly) will be much, much more competitive.

If you don't want to give up on Medicine, just take a gap year.

Not having an offer would also mean you have a chance at UCAS Extra / Clearing - and medicine courses sometimes go into it so you may still have yet another chance at Medicine 2022 entry.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

When did you submit your Ucas application if you applied to go to university this year?

September 2021 (38)
6.51%
October 2021 (261)
44.69%
November 2021 (70)
11.99%
December 2021 (74)
12.67%
January 2021 (75)
12.84%
I still haven't submitted it yet! (47)
8.05%