If you are a B grade student under the old GCSE system, does that make you a 5 or 6?

Watch
Anon346775
Badges: 20
Rep:
? You'll earn badges for being active around the site. Rep gems come when your posts are rated by other community members.
Report Thread starter 1 month ago
a 5 or 6 under the new GCSE system?
peachyskies
Badges: 5
Rep:
? You'll earn badges for being active around the site. Rep gems come when your posts are rated by other community members.
Report 1 month ago
a 6
5 is a high C, 4 is a low C
Talkative Toad
Badges: 18
Rep:
Report 1 month ago
if we're talking in terms of the equivalent grade then it's a 6 if talking in terms of academic rigour then haven't got an idea.
PinkMobilePhone
Badges: 22
Rep:
Report 1 month ago
9 = high A*
8 = A*
7 = A
6 = B
5 = high C
4 = low C

So that would be a 6
EOData
Badges: 16
Rep:
Report 1 month ago
It could be either as a B grade covers the top third of a grade 5 and the whole of a grade 6 https://ofqual.blog.gov.uk/wp-conten...ing-2018-1.png
Anon346775
Rep:
I was a B grade student under the old system, closer to the A, but this new GCSE made me get a grade 5.
Last edited by Anon346775; 1 month ago
EOData
Rep:
Report 1 month ago
(Original post by Anon346775)
This makes no sense, there are no B grade students under the new system. You either achieved a high grade B which is a B or you achieved a grade which is a 5.
Anon346775
Rep:
(Original post by EOData)
This makes no sense, there are no B grade students under the new system. You either achieved a high grade B which is a B or you achieved a grade which is a 5.
I got a low grade B/high C making me get a 5
Anon346775
Rep:
(Original post by EOData)
meant old system i was a B my mistake
EOData
Rep:
Report 1 month ago
(Original post by Anon346775)
meant old system i was a B my mistake
I still don't really understand the point of your posts - the system changed a few years ago now, there's no need to keep harping back to the A*-G grades. You got a 5.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

When did you submit your Ucas application if you applied to go to university this year?

September 2021 (36)
7.2%
October 2021 (223)
44.6%
November 2021 (59)
11.8%
December 2021 (64)
12.8%
January 2021 (60)
12%
I still haven't submitted it yet! (43)
8.6%