Please help quick, there’s a mouse in my living room and I don’t know what to do!!

Watch
Anonymous #1
Report Thread starter 1 month ago
^help
Anonymous #1
I really don’t know where it’s gone!!! It went under the couch but it’s not there anymore!!
Talkative Toad
Badges: 18
Rep:
? You'll earn badges for being active around the site. Rep gems come when your posts are rated by other community members.
Report 1 month ago
mousetrap? idk
Anonymous #1
(Original post by Talkative Toad)
mousetrap? idk
Then don’t comment if you don’t know
Badges: 11
Rep:
? You'll earn badges for being active around the site. Rep gems come when your posts are rated by other community members.
Report 1 month ago
Call your BF or GF or call the triple bg! LOL And ya Mouse trap
PinkMobilePhone
Badges: 22
Rep:
Report 1 month ago
You need poison

I've dealt with mice 4 times over the years. There's never just one mouse. Mousetraps are a waste of time and effort. Don't even bother with those things you plug into the wall, they're useless.

Poison. It's the only thing that will rid you of them.
Anonymous #1
(Original post by 2886)
Call your BF or GF or call the triple bg! LOL And ya Mouse trap
My dad just said he’s at work and I should try and catch it but that just made me angry and I shouted at him for it because how the hell am I going to sleep tonight in peace and catch a stupid mouse? Will
Talkative Toad
Rep:
Report 1 month ago
(Original post by Anonymous)
Then don’t comment if you don’t know
don't seem to be grateful do you? also don't see why this had to be anon. i put idk as that's the only thing i can think of and i don't want to potentially give out any wrong advice. If you're that bothered then call an exterminator or something or as PinkMobilePhone says use poison.
Anonymous #1
don't seem to be grateful do you? also don't see why this had to be anon. i put idk as that's the only thing i can think of and i don't want to potentially give out any wrong advice. If you're that bothered then call an exterminator or something or as PinkMobilePhone says use poison.
If you know the answer then comment, I’d you don’t then don’t. It’s common sense. You either use it or you don’t.
Talkative Toad
Rep:
Report 1 month ago
(Original post by PinkMobilePhone)
Don't even bother with those things you plug into the wall, they're useless.
yeah i agree, i don't even know what they're supposed to do but they are useless as hell.
Talkative Toad
Rep:
Report 1 month ago
If you know the answer then comment, I’d you don’t then don’t. It’s common sense. You either use it or you don’t.
again there was no need for that rude initial reaction is what i'm trying to say, people are trying to potentially help you and you're coming off as a tad bit ungrateful.
Reality Check
Rep:
Report 1 month ago
I really don’t know where it’s gone!!! It went under the couch but it’s not there anymore!!
It will be hiding now, probably. Personally, I'd get hold of some snappy traps, load them with bait at night and lay them out in pairs pointing in the opposite directions along a skirting board. The best thing to bait them with is chocolate, peanut butter or, the motherload which is either a Reece's mini peanut butter cup or a Snickers from a tin of Celebrations - the little ****ers simply can't resist them.

Don't use killer bait/grain. It's dangerous for any pets (mind you, make sure a dog or cat can't get at the chocolate bait you've laid out), but the main problem is that mice will eat the bait and then go off and die somewhere, usually under something inaccessible (or, if you live in an old house like me, under the floor somewhere) which means you'll get a load of blowflies and a horrid smell at some point. Much better to use a snappy trap which kills them by crushing their necks, so you can see that you've trapped and killed the little bugger.
StriderHort
Badges: 21
Rep:
Report 1 month ago
(Original post by PinkMobilePhone)
Don't even bother with those things you plug into the wall, they're useless.
A Toastie Maker? Nah I think that would work pretty well on a mouse, even 4 mice at a time.
Reality Check
Rep:
Report 1 month ago
again there was no need for that rude initial reaction is what i'm trying to say, people are trying to potentially help you and you're coming off as a tad bit ungrateful.
PRSOM.
Talkative Toad
Rep:
Report 1 month ago
(Original post by Reality Check)
PRSOM.
like i'm just trying to say the obvious which would be to get some mousetraps but idk if that will actually do stuff or not, depends on your luck and the quality i guess.
Reality Check
Rep:
Report 1 month ago
like i'm just trying to say the obvious which would be to get some mousetraps but idk if that will actually do stuff or not, depends on your luck and the quality i guess.
I agree
Having lived on a farm, and now in a farmhouse next to a working farm, mice are very much part of my life Big, fat, healthy mice.
Talkative Toad
Rep:
Report 1 month ago
I agree
Having lived on a farm, and now in a farmhouse next to a working farm, mice are very much part of my life Big, fat, healthy mice.
unlucky.
Reality Check
Rep:
Report 1 month ago
unlucky.
It keeps both our cats occupied and well fed, so it's not all bad
Talkative Toad
Rep:
Report 1 month ago
true
Sabertooth
Badges: 20
Rep:
Report 1 month ago
Your cats are lucky ****ers. Mine would love a mouse to entertain them. As it is, they have cockroaches instead.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

When did you submit your Ucas application if you applied to go to university this year?

September 2021 (36)
7.19%
October 2021 (223)
44.51%
November 2021 (60)
11.98%
December 2021 (64)
12.77%
January 2021 (60)
11.98%
I still haven't submitted it yet! (43)
8.58%