How to revise for AS LEVEL social influence and Research Methods

Watch
lcvedingdong
Badges: 17
Rep:
? You'll earn badges for being active around the site. Rep gems come when your posts are rated by other community members.
Report Thread starter 1 month ago
Hello,

I have done a research methods and social influence test and performed badly in September/October. The revision method I had used is mind maps and flashcards however, the seem to not work with me. It is my first time revising for subjects efficiently and I want to revise for psychology which would guarantee me to get above 80% in the assessment. Does anyone have any tips?
I have the assessment in a few days.
Squiggles1238
Rep:
? You'll earn badges for being active around the site. Rep gems come when your posts are rated by other community members.
Report 1 month ago
Have you tried practising past paper questions? Trying to answer them and then making them with the marl scheme helps to familiarise yourself with what the examiner is looking for
lcvedingdong
Rep:
Report Thread starter 1 month ago
(Original post by Squiggles1238)
Have you tried practising past paper questions? Trying to answer them and then making them with the marl scheme helps to familiarise yourself with what the examiner is looking for
I have tried practice questions however, most of them are not of the content im looking for and are questions suitable for A-level or for those who completed AS level course.
Squiggles1238
Rep:
Report 1 month ago
https://www.physicsandmathstutor.com...ial-influence/

Try this for social influence
Squiggles1238
Rep:
Report 1 month ago
https://www.physicsandmathstutor.com...ch-methods-as/

And this for research methods
kirussak
Badges: 3
Rep:
Report 1 month ago
(Original post by lcvedingdong)
Hello,

I have done a research methods and social influence test and performed badly in September/October. The revision method I had used is mind maps and flashcards however, the seem to not work with me. It is my first time revising for subjects efficiently and I want to revise for psychology which would guarantee me to get above 80% in the assessment. Does anyone have any tips?
I have the assessment in a few days.
try making essay plans for each sub topic such as social influence has obedience as a sub topic.
and on an a4 page , write the possible a01 in bullet form and the a03 ( make sure to include the names and dates of the study) giving 2 positive and two negatives. and whenever you have a question, that comes up on it you can use the ao1 or a03 or both depending on the question asked.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

When did you submit your Ucas application if you applied to go to university this year?

September 2021 (29)
6.87%
October 2021 (194)
45.97%
November 2021 (44)
10.43%
December 2021 (56)
13.27%
January 2021 (46)
10.9%
I still haven't submitted it yet! (39)
9.24%