Royal Holloway vs Manchester

Watch
Anonymous #1
Report Thread starter 1 month ago
I’m looking at applying to uni this year for a Drama and English Lit course and I’m really stuck between Manchester and Royal Holloway. I know that both are Russel groups but I was wondering if anyone had any advice or help? They both had so many pros but the main con for Manchester was it being a city uni and not having that family, tight-nit feeling and Royal Holloway has a reputation of having a non-existence nightlife? What would you suggest??
Thanks
Anonymous #2
Report 1 month ago
Hi just to let you knowRoyal Holloway isn't a Russell Group uni.
Anonymous #1
Report Thread starter 1 month ago
Oh ok thank you, I did know that I just completely forgot😂
I think it’s coz they are both good in my subject though
Anonymous #2
Report 1 month ago
My advice would be look at the differences in the course then look at both of the areas if you get the chance. Tbf the lack of nightlife at RH may be subsidised by that close knit feeling you've mentioned in your post. I've applied to both uni's and personally prefer Manchester overall (I prefer a big city feel and the course variety). Ultimately the decision is dependent on you and what uni you think is going to benefit you the most personally. My initial thoughts would be that Manchester will bring better prospects as it is better known but I am unaware of what the rep is for English Lit and Drama. Not sure if any of that helps.
cameroon36
Badges: 6
Rep:
? You'll earn badges for being active around the site. Rep gems come when your posts are rated by other community members.
Report 1 month ago
Holloway isn't a RG uni btw.

Compare the course content on the websites. If you're really not sure, email the lecturers. In the end, both are fantastic unis.

About the nightlife, Egham is a small town of 6,000 people so there isn't much there. There is a "club" in the student union building. However, Egham is a 36 min train ride into London Waterloo so nightlife shouldn't be a huge problem.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

When did you submit your Ucas application if you applied to go to university this year?

September 2021 (17)
7.2%
October 2021 (116)
49.15%
November 2021 (23)
9.75%
December 2021 (31)
13.14%
January 2021 (21)
8.9%
I still haven't submitted it yet! (22)
9.32%