The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

No. People are morons.

Screenshot_2021-10-02-12-00-35-30_92b64b2a7aa6eb3771ed6e18d0029815.jpg

One day the senior Covid alarmists are going to stand trial for their lies and deceit.
Reply 2
Original post by Starship Trooper
No. People are morons.

Screenshot_2021-10-02-12-00-35-30_92b64b2a7aa6eb3771ed6e18d0029815.jpg

One day the senior Covid alarmists are going to stand trial for their lies and deceit.

Sadly they might all be dead by then.
No.
I'm furious at the return of mandatory facial coverings in shops.

I've never worn facial coverings and stay out of all venues where doing so is mandatory.
Reply 4
Original post by londonmyst
No.

I've never worn facial coverings and stay out of all venues where doing so is mandatory.

I did a thread about it back in July and so many numpties on this website were so dismissive: https://www.thestudentroom.co.uk/showthread.php?t=7060753

Anyway, I'm not the one affected. At least I am not in halls or at university where the government locks down hard when they decide to.

I still have freedom to do many things without anyone policing me.
Reply 5
No.

This is wise.

Safer.
No.

I just go in anyway, very few places actually enforce it. And if anybody says anything, I just say I'm exempt and that's the end of it.

If you are worried about getting covid then that's your problem and maybe you should stay out of shops or stay at home until whenever you feel safe. I'm a human being, I should be entitled to the same civil rights as you. I bet none of these shops would put up signs saying "No Jews" or "No Blacks" or "No Muslims" so why do they think it's acceptable to try and exclude those who don't wear masks?
(edited 2 years ago)
Reply 7
Original post by Fruli
Are people happy now?

No. Not at all. But sometimes you gotta do what you gotta do. It's like being in a team, expect the team is society. You've just got to do your bit.
(edited 2 years ago)
Original post by Megacent
I just go in anyway, very few places actually enforce it. And if anybody says anything, I just say I'm exempt and that's the end of it.

If you are worried about getting covid then that's your problem and maybe you should stay out of shops or stay at home until whenever you feel safe. I'm a human being, I should be entitled to the same civil rights as you. I bet none of these shops would put up signs saying "No Jews" or "No Blacks" or "No Muslims" so why do they think it's acceptable to try and exclude those who don't wear masks?

because wearing a mask isn't that big of a deal for most people (compared to a lockdown, vaccine passports etc, it's just a piece of cloth on your face).i can see why some people are against mask wearing, but wearing a mask in shops requires little to no effort. I strongly dislike wearing masks but i suck it up and put one on (it's the only restriction that i have sympathy for right now), i don't come up with a fake exemption. That being said if in like 2023 i still have to wear i mask then i will say screw it i'm not doing this anymore.

If you don't want to wear a mask then be like @londonmyst (respects to you) and simply avoid going to venues where one is required (especially if you haven't been jabbed) don't say you're exempt simply because you don't want to wear a mask, makes it harder for people who legitimately can't wear a mask due to breathing and/or sensory issues, allergy, disability, gives them severe anxiety or whatever as they may not be believed by others.
(edited 2 years ago)
Original post by Talkative Toad
If you don't want to wear a mask then be like @londonmyst (respects to you) and simply avoid going to venues where one is required

Why don't the people who are still scared of catching covid stay away instead?

wearing a mask does not mean that you're scared of COVID, i'm not scared of COVID but i still wear a mask because it is legally required to do so now (i will stop in 2023 though regardless of what the gov say because flip it at that point), i.e i hate mask wearing but i've learned to just get on with it instead of moaning (which is justified btw) and expecting those who are scared of the virus to stay at home simply because i don't like wearing a mask and may not always take the necessary precautions to stop the spread of COVID. You being unmasked puts others at a greater risk of catching COVID, me wearing a mask can reduce the spread of the virus. Also please don't compare my backside to people who don't want to wear a mask lol.

however i do agree that if you're petrified of the virus (not simply concerned) then you should minimise mixing where possible and if you won't wear a mask and aren't legitimately exempt then tough, complain about it but be sensible like london is being (applies to people in general) which is to say 'nope this venue needs me to wear a mask so i won't go there and i'm angry'. At least wearing a mask doesn't put people's lives massively on hold like lockdowns and some might argue vaccine passports do.
(edited 2 years ago)
but overall no i am not happy about the fact that i've got to wear a mask again. I do think that the mask mandate shouldn't have even been removed in the first place but i'm kind of salty about the fact that i've always got to have a mask on me once again and actually wear it. Also there better not be a 4th national lockdown, i will go insane if that's the case. The government doesn't know their stuff when it comes to lockdowns, yes they have prevented COVID deaths and cases but the way that they have been implemented and enforced has been disastrous overall imo (too late, inconsistent enforcement of the rules, not strict enough at the beginning/proper, too many of them for too long, failed the NHS etc).
Original post by Talkative Toad
wearing a mask does not mean that you're scared of COVID, i'm not scared of COVID but i still wear a mask because it is legally required to do so now (i will stop in 2023 though regardless of what the gov say because flip it at that point), i.e i hate mask wearing but i've learned to just get on with it instead of moaning (which is justified btw) and expecting those who are scared of the virus to stay at home simply because i don't like wearing a mask and may not always take the necessary precautions to stop the spread of COVID. You being unmasked puts others at a greater risk of catching COVID, me wearing a mask can reduce the spread of the virus. Also please don't compare my backside to people who don't want to wear a mask lol.

however i do agree that if you're petrified of the virus (not simply concerned) then you should minimise mixing where possible and you won't wear a mask and aren't legitimately exempt then tough, complain about it but be sensible like london is being (applies to people in general) which is to say 'nope this venue needs me to wear a mask so i won't go there and i'm angry'. At least wearing a mask doesn't put people's lives massively on hold like lockdowns and some might argue vaccine passports do.

Countries of comparable population size to us like Germany and France which maintained mask mandates have over the past month seen cases soar exponentially higher than England where cases remain fairly flat and which until yesterday had done away with the mask mandate. That does not suggest to me that masks are having any significant impact at all in the grand scheme of things, nor does it bode particularly well for the other more invasive measures tried in Europe such as vaccine passports.

Sorry but, masks, vaccine passports etc, all complete and utter ********, nothing more than performance and ritual.
(edited 2 years ago)
Original post by Chadmiral Nelson
Countries of comparable population size to us like Germany and France which maintained mask mandates have over the past month seen cases soar exponentially higher than England where cases remain fairly flat and which until yesterday had done away with the mask mandate. That does not suggest to me that masks are having any significant impact at all in the grand scheme of things, nor does it bode particularly well for the other more invasive measures tried in Europe such as vaccine passports.

Sorry but, masks, vaccine passports etc, all complete and utter ********, nothing more than performance and ritual.

even if they don't have significant impact, they have one and it takes no effort to put on a mask unlike having a lockdown, social distancing, vaccine passports etc. Don't see what the big deal is with wearing a piece of cloth on your face. I hate doing it and completely ditched mask wearing when it wasn't legally required to wear one but i wear one now and deal with. Yes it is annoying but it really isn't that big of a deal other than the fact that it could isolate people with disabilities who rely on people's facial expressions in order to communicate. i'll take mask wearing over another lockdown or vaccine passports (knowing the government though they may implement all 3 which in that case i'm out and can not cope with that). anything to stop a 4th national lockdown (bar vaccine passports).

Why don’t the people who are scared of getting a jab which makes you significantly less likely to die of covid stay away? What an extra burden people like you are putting on the NHS. Bore off.
Original post by imlikeahermit
Why don’t the people who are scared of getting a jab which makes you significantly less likely to die of covid stay away? What an extra burden people like you are putting on the NHS. Bore off.

I'm strongly against vaccine passports but you've kind of got a valid point here

I've seen nurses on social media saying they shouldn't have to treat the unvaccinated and that we aren't worthy of treatment. At first it annoyed me, seeing people from the medical community express so much resentment towards people like me simply because we exist. We have done nothing to deserve that anger. Now I just think fine, if I need to go to hospital with covid maybe I should just refuse treatment. Will the nurses be happy with that? I mentioned this before and someone said that would also be selfish as the nurses would feel upset watching someone die that they could have saved. FFS make up your mind - It can't be selfish to accept treatment and also selfish to refuse it, so which one is it? It's absolutely maddening because it's like you can't win, they're always gonna call you selfish no matter what :frown:

Only if you ban the fatties too.
I've seen nurses on social media saying they shouldn't have to treat the unvaccinated and that we aren't worthy of treatment. At first it annoyed me, seeing people from the medical community express so much resentment towards people like me simply because we exist. We have done nothing to deserve that anger. Now I just think fine, if I need to go to hospital with covid maybe I should just refuse treatment. Will the nurses be happy with that? I mentioned this before and someone said that would also be selfish as the nurses would feel upset watching someone die that they could have saved. FFS make up your mind - It can't be selfish to accept treatment and also selfish to refuse it, so which one is it? It's absolutely maddening because it's like you can't win, they're always gonna call you selfish no matter what :frown:

Isn't there something called the Hippocratic oath :rolleyes:

Yet another reason to go private like in France and Germany.
Original post by Starship Trooper
Only if you ban the fatties too.

You know fine well I’m happy to support that. The rampant gluttony of this country is beyond repair. But as has been seen with covid deaths in unvaccinated people; you cannot lead a horse to water and make it drink.