A-Level Psychology

Watch
InkaBloom
Badges: 9
Rep:
? You'll earn badges for being active around the site. Rep gems come when your posts are rated by other community members.
Report Thread starter 1 month ago
What is a-level psychology like? What do you learn? Is it hard to grasp the content? Just tell me everything since I really want to do it for a-level, but I need to know what it's like first before I make my decision?

- InkaBloom
carakaur
Badges: 7
Rep:
? You'll earn badges for being active around the site. Rep gems come when your posts are rated by other community members.
Report 1 month ago
i did psychology a level and if i'm honest i absolutely hated it, but loads of friends loved it so don't let that put you off. i personally just chose it because i thought it was about how people think and how depression works and stuff like that. that is part of the course, but only a small fraction and the rest of the course is quite science based, which i found so boring and honestly quite difficult. it's easy to forget that psychology is a science and they will ask you science-style questions. i also found it really difficult to revise, it felt a bit wishy washy and i wasn't sure what to do, but that may have just been my teachers.
anyway, if you're keen to do it, i'd recommend just looking at the spec and making sure you're prepared for what it's actually about. if you read it and still want to do it, go for it! you'll probably enjoy it. i did end up just about getting an A. just make sure you know what you're getting into - maybe speak to the psychology teachers at your school?
hope that helps a bit
InkaBloom
Badges: 9
Rep:
Report Thread starter 1 month ago
(Original post by carakaur)
i did psychology a level and if i'm honest i absolutely hated it, but loads of friends loved it so don't let that put you off. i personally just chose it because i thought it was about how people think and how depression works and stuff like that. that is part of the course, but only a small fraction and the rest of the course is quite science based, which i found so boring and honestly quite difficult. it's easy to forget that psychology is a science and they will ask you science-style questions. i also found it really difficult to revise, it felt a bit wishy washy and i wasn't sure what to do, but that may have just been my teachers.
anyway, if you're keen to do it, i'd recommend just looking at the spec and making sure you're prepared for what it's actually about. if you read it and still want to do it, go for it! you'll probably enjoy it. i did end up just about getting an A. just make sure you know what you're getting into - maybe speak to the psychology teachers at your school?
hope that helps a bit
Thank you for the advice. I have found it helpful. I will look more into the spec. I find it quite fascinating
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

What is your favourite revision method?

Taking notes manually (53)
21.54%
Note taking apps (6)
2.44%
Flashcards (48)
19.51%
Revision guides (15)
6.1%
Past papers (116)
47.15%
Something else (let us know in the thread) (8)
3.25%

Watched Threads