The Student Room Group

Need urgent help with BMO1

I recently sat the SMC and scored 120/125, I was off sick on the first day and subsequently asked to sit online or on the next day. My school chose to make me sit it on day 2 rather than day 1 and is trying to penalise me for doing it on day 2 by refusing to enter me in the Olympiad claiming "legitimate suspicions" despite flat-out saying I could do it on day 2 and the SMC handbook saying it doesn't matter what day its sat on. Is there any way to remedy this, I already contacted the UKMT but I don't know when they will get back to me , can anyone help me fix this quickly because I need to have done bmo1 to do bmo2

sorry if this seems like a rant but I'm really pissed and need some help because I want to sit the BMO1
That sucks about your **** teachers. I've heard people can do the bmo1 at other schools but not 100% sure, hopefully someone else can help more
Original post by Fei Gao
I recently sat the SMC and scored 120/125, I was off sick on the first day and subsequently asked to sit online or on the next day. My school chose to make me sit it on day 2 rather than day 1 and is trying to penalise me for doing it on day 2 by refusing to enter me in the Olympiad claiming "legitimate suspicions" despite flat-out saying I could do it on day 2 and the SMC handbook saying it doesn't matter what day its sat on. Is there any way to remedy this, I already contacted the UKMT but I don't know when they will get back to me , can anyone help me fix this quickly because I need to have done bmo1 to do bmo2

sorry if this seems like a rant but I'm really pissed and need some help because I want to sit the BMO1

Escalate this to the head of the maths department or your headmaster. I wonder if it is too late as BMO1 will be tomorrow.
Reply 3
Original post by FairAboutUK
Escalate this to the head of the maths department or your headmaster. I wonder if it is too late as BMO1 will be tomorrow.

RIP its done, the head of the maths department accused me of being truant in all but name. Maths head said I cheated using student room lol even tho its locked .Will escalate to headteacher or governor thanks for advice.
Reply 4
With a score of 120, you will have automatically qualified, so the UKMT will have sent the school the BMO1 question paper and answer sheets. Provided there is someone who can invigilate it for you, it may not be too late. I agree with the previous post, escalate to a senior leader at your school.

Quick Reply

Latest