Naming organic compounds?

Watch
Darkness_o
Badges: 6
Rep:
? You'll earn badges for being active around the site. Rep gems come when your posts are rated by other community members.
Report Thread starter 1 month ago
If they ask me to draw the displayed formula of 2-methylbutane or any compound similar

Do i have to draw with the hydrogen bonds surrounding the branched carbon e.g. -
H-C-H
I
H

Or can i write it like Ch3
Jpw1097
Badges: 19
Rep:
? You'll earn badges for being active around the site. Rep gems come when your posts are rated by other community members.
Report 1 month ago
(Original post by Darkness_o)
If they ask me to draw the displayed formula of 2-methylbutane or any compound similar

Do i have to draw with the hydrogen bonds surrounding the branched carbon e.g. -
H-C-H
I
H

Or can i write it like Ch3
Displayed formula means draw all of the bonds.
scimus63
Badges: 9
Rep:
Report 1 month ago
try here

https://www.science-revision.co.uk/A..._branches.html
_ellielouise
Badges: 8
Rep:
Report 1 month ago
(Original post by Darkness_o)

H-C-H
I
H

Or can i write it
displayed formula means to show all of the bonds within the molecule, so i would write it out properly otherwise you may lose marks on the exam
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

What is your favourite revision method?

Taking notes manually (39)
22.81%
Note taking apps (5)
2.92%
Flashcards (31)
18.13%
Revision guides (5)
2.92%
Past papers (85)
49.71%
Something else (let us know in the thread) (6)
3.51%

Watched Threads