WHat subjects go well with A Level business?

Watch
krystaloceanx
Badges: 10
Rep:
? You'll earn badges for being active around the site. Rep gems come when your posts are rated by other community members.
Report Thread starter 1 month ago
Hey everyone,

Long story short, i need to pick my 3 a level subjects by the end of this week.

2 of my options are already a level business and french, i need one more but idk what to pick??!! Please help me decide/give me some insight as i am extremely confused! What subject goes well with A Level business?

the reason i am specific about business is bc thats what i want to go on to do
NOTE: I do not want to pick any of the sciences, math , or english lit as subjects
NOTE #2: My sixth form does not do subjects such as law (if they did i would've picked that. they also dont do english language)

Thanks!,
Purple43Monkey
Badges: 8
Rep:
? You'll earn badges for being active around the site. Rep gems come when your posts are rated by other community members.
Report 1 month ago
Have you considered economics at all? It does have a fair amount of maths but it might be useful in business
juicygcse
Badges: 13
Rep:
Report 1 month ago
(Original post by Purple43Monkey)
Have you considered economics at all? It does have a fair amount of maths but it might be useful in business
I would be careful about picking econ and business together if you want to go to uni - some don't regard them as two different subjects and won't include both of them in a 3 grade offer
HousesInCork
Badges: 15
Rep:
Report 1 month ago
Another humanity or social science would probably work well. Do you like History? Geography? Does your sixth form offer things like Sociology or Psychology?
McGinger
Badges: 18
Rep:
Report 1 month ago
If you want to do a Business degree then you need to think seriously about doing Maths.
And if you 'dont like Maths' then rethink doing Business as its an important element.
mlee531
Badges: 9
Rep:
Report 1 month ago
(Original post by Purple43Monkey)
Unis don't tend to like business and econ- they're quite similar conceptually and it's a bit strange to do both considering economics is more well-regarded by unis. Business and maths would probably be better tbh
mlee531
Badges: 9
Rep:
Report 1 month ago
(Original post by McGinger)
If you want to do a Business degree then you need to think seriously about doing Maths.
And if you 'dont like Maths' then rethink doing Business as its an important element.
The maths in business isn't as difficult as in econ though- I'd say maths is more necessary for econ than business
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

What is your favourite revision method?

Taking notes manually (53)
21.72%
Note taking apps (6)
2.46%
Flashcards (47)
19.26%
Revision guides (15)
6.15%
Past papers (115)
47.13%
Something else (let us know in the thread) (8)
3.28%

Watched Threads