Will Harris Westminster contact old school?

Watch
minerrK
Badges: 2
Rep:
? You'll earn badges for being active around the site. Rep gems come when your posts are rated by other community members.
Report Thread starter 1 month ago
I got really good grades currently at a state school. There's a couple days left to apply for Harris however my attendance at school is low apparently, although being 93%. I go to a predominantly white school and being of colour the teachers always find a way to pick on me even though I try work hard. I want out of this school and if applying to Harris I want to know do they contact your old school for a reference and speak about you or do they just go off admissions and interview?
Obolinda
Badges: 21
Rep:
? You'll earn badges for being active around the site. Rep gems come when your posts are rated by other community members.
Report 1 month ago
no they don't contact your school at all. admission is based purely on entrance exam, interview and gcse grades.

No reference, predicted grades, mock grades, etc
minerrK
Rep:
(Original post by Obolinda)
no they don't contact your school at all. admission is based purely on entrance exam, interview and gcse grades.

No reference, predicted grades, mock grades, etc
Thanks for the reply! On the website it asked for the secondary schools name and postcode. Can you be sure they would not contact the school at all to do any sort of background check? I'm in a really toxic environment and I don't want the teachers to know I am leaving and especially because of my history with the teachers and protesting the racial abuse.
Obolinda
Rep:
Report 1 month ago
(Original post by minerrK)
Thanks for the reply! On the website it asked for the secondary schools name and postcode. Can you be sure they would not contact the school at all to do any sort of background check? I'm in a really toxic environment and I don't want the teachers to know I am leaving and especially because of my history with the teachers and protesting the racial abuse.
I'm so sorry to hear that's happening. We have like 2000 people applying and 300 people attend the school each year. The admission team is so small so I doubt it and they would need your permission and be in admission policy. My scl did not receive any reference request. I'll ask today at school to put your mind at ease.
Last edited by Obolinda; 1 month ago
Obolinda
Rep:
Report 1 month ago
(Original post by minerrK)
Yeah I just checked, they don't
minerrK
Rep:
(Original post by Obolinda)
Yeah I just checked, they don't
Thank you so much for the replies!
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

What is your favourite revision method?

Taking notes manually (53)
21.63%
Note taking apps (6)
2.45%
Flashcards (47)
19.18%
Revision guides (15)
6.12%
Past papers (116)
47.35%
Something else (let us know in the thread) (8)
3.27%

Watched Threads