mayaa9332
Badges: 8
Rep:
? You'll earn badges for being active around the site. Rep gems come when your posts are rated by other community members.
Report Thread starter 1 month ago
Hi, I have gotten through to the telephone interview for the Early Diversity Internship Programme (civil service fast stream) and I was wondering if anyone had any tips and advice on how to prepare for the interview? My interview is in a few days and I'm quite nervous on what to expect. Any responses would be very appreciated!
Edip2022
Badges: 2
Rep:
? You'll earn badges for being active around the site. Rep gems come when your posts are rated by other community members.
Report 1 month ago
(Original post by mayaa9332)
Hi, I have gotten through to the telephone interview for the Early Diversity Internship Programme (civil service fast stream) and I was wondering if anyone had any tips and advice on how to prepare for the interview? My interview is in a few days and I'm quite nervous on what to expect. Any responses would be very appreciated!
Don't be nervous! I just did mine yesterday and it's only 20-25minutes. Also click the "Find out more about final board selection" button on the gov website with your application. Those are the questions asked exactly in the interview. Good luck, don't sweat it.
mayaa9332
Rep:
(Original post by Edip2022)
Don't be nervous! I just did mine yesterday and it's only 20-25minutes. Also click the "Find out more about final board selection" button on the gov website with your application. Those are the questions asked exactly in the interview. Good luck, don't sweat it.
Ahh thank you so much!! Sorry just to be extra clear, they're going to ask questions on how we have showcased the strengths they've written out? And I hope that yours went well!
Edip2022
Rep:
Report 1 month ago
Ahh thank you so much!! Sorry just to be extra clear, they're going to ask questions on how we have showcased the strengths they've written out? And I hope that yours went well!
Yeah and they want relevant examples of how you've applied these strengths in your past experiences.

Thanks and good luck mate. Mine was alright but I had to do it outside on campus since it was right after my lecture and I couldn't acquire a private room in time! Just found a quiet place outside I guess haha I hope the interviewer didn't recognise that I was outdoors...
Last edited by Edip2022; 1 month ago
mayaa9332
Rep:
Yeah and they want relevant examples of how you've applied these strengths in your past experiences.

Thanks and good luck mate. Mine was alright but I had to do it outside on campus since it was right after my lecture and I couldn't acquire a private room in time! Just found a quiet place outside I guess haha I hope the interviewer didn't recognise that I was outdoors...
Haha im sure you being outside wouldn't have been too noticeable!

Sorry for the constant questions (I'm probably overthinking this a lot 😭), but I'm finding it sort of tricky to apply correct examples to these strengths. I reckon I'm overcomplicating it but can our examples be literally anything (e.g non-academic related)? I'm especially finding it difficult talking about the efficient strength (converting resources into results in the most efficient and economical way?
Last edited by mayaa9332; 1 month ago
vivivivibibigiv
Badges: 0
Rep:
Report 1 month ago
Im having mine phone interview tmr- and in the middle of my cross nation tour (damn lol).Anyway i think you would be fine? We are all year one students and is ok to have no exp. before I think
mayaa9332
Rep:
(Original post by vivivivibibigiv)
Submit replyIm having mine phone interview tmr- and in the middle of my cross nation tour (damn lol).Anyway i think you would be fine? We are all year one students and is ok to have no exp. before I think
I just had mine!! I mean it was alright I think? I feel like it went really terribly tbh. it only lasted like 19-20 minutes and I don't think I was answering her questions properly 😭 but at least it's done now haha
Maryam 1234
Badges: 4
Rep:
Report 1 month ago
hey I just received an email about an interview. How do I confirm I am able to attend?
vivivivibibigiv
Rep:
Report 1 month ago
(Original post by Maryam 1234)
hey I just received an email about an interview. How do I confirm I am able to attend.
Press the attend button in the website. When is yours?
vivivivibibigiv
Rep:
Report 1 month ago
I just had mine!! I mean it was alright I think? I feel like it went really terribly tbh. it only lasted like 19-20 minutes and I don't think I was answering her questions properly 😭 but at least it's done now haha
Omg why yours so short.. mine last for more then an hour...(?)
Maryam 1234
Badges: 4
Rep:
Report 1 month ago
(Original post by vivivivibibigiv)
Press the attend button in the website. When is yours?
It is on Wednesday. I cannot seem to find the attend button. All it say is If you cannot attend contact us.
Edip2022
Rep:
Report 1 month ago

Sorry for the constant questions (I'm probably overthinking this a lot 😭), but I'm finding it sort of tricky to apply correct examples to these strengths. I reckon I'm overcomplicating it but can our examples be literally anything (e.g non-academic related)? I'm especially finding it difficult talking about the efficient strength (converting resources into results in the most efficient and economical way?
yeah i found this difficult too but you can use literally any example. I did an equal balance with academic and non academic
Edip2022
Rep:
Report 1 month ago

For the last question, it's more like how would you plan things to be of high quality in a short amount of time and fewer resources.
Edip2022
Rep:
Report 1 month ago
I just had mine!! I mean it was alright I think? I feel like it went really terribly tbh. it only lasted like 19-20 minutes and I don't think I was answeringo her questions properly 😭 but at least it's done now haha
Oh just saw this! Good luck and update me
mayaa9332
Rep:
Oh just saw this! Good luck and update me
It didn't go well at all haha; I've tried to put it out of my mind tbh but I ended up repeating one of my examples that I had already used and then I don't think I was even answering the lady's questions (I think I was going off on tangents) 😭going to keep my hopes low
vivivivibibigiv
Rep:
Report 1 month ago
It didn't go well at all haha; I've tried to put it out of my mind tbh but I ended up repeating one of my examples that I had already used and then I don't think I was even answering the lady's questions (I think I was going off on tangents) 😭going to keep my hopes low
How long does it last for?
vivivivibibigiv
Rep:
Report 1 month ago
Anyway, you will be fine i think, i mean we are all year one only and it's okay to have fewer experience and keep using example.
Edip2022
Rep:
Report 1 month ago
Honestly I also repeated examples. It's not the end of the world. Don't worry
Lolol6187
Badges: 1
Rep:
Report 1 month ago
Does anyone know when we would hear back from the interview results to find out if we have made it through?
vivivivibibigiv
Rep:
Report 1 month ago
I asked, before feb
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

What is your favourite revision method?

Taking notes manually (31)
22.63%
Note taking apps (4)
2.92%
Flashcards (25)
18.25%
Revision guides (5)
3.65%
Past papers (66)
48.18%
Something else (let us know in the thread) (6)
4.38%

Watched Threads