The Student Room Group
University of Northampton
Northampton
Visit website

University Review

I had an unconditional offer to study Sociology at Northampton, I was wondering what Northampton and the Uni is like? Most importantly how is the rugby union mens team and gym facilities? Best nearest pubs and things? What are the people like?

Cheers
Honest truth, Northampton town centre is a dive. It’s really gone down hill. There are a few decent pubs but there is no end of trouble in the torn centre. Can’t speak for the university. We live twenty minutes away from the town and that is close enough. Honestly, don’t let the unconditional offer fool you. The area is awful and you will hate it. Go somewhere else
Northampton
Visit website
Reply 2
I’ve lived in northants my entire life, (about 10 mins drive from the new uni campus). And the experience will be what you make it. I’m attending uni this year for ease, in terms of surroundings, it wouldn’t be my first choice, but for nightlife you’re fairly close to some bigger towns and cities if you want to have a really good time. Shopping is average. Lots of pubs, welly road pub crawls etc. Nightclubs are becoming far and few between - and the ones that do exist have been garnering bad attention as of late. You’re more likely to find bottomless brunch cocktail bars and the likes.

I don’t have much information on the uni side of things as I haven’t yet experienced it myself. I do have friends and colleagues that have gone there though and I’ve heard some great reviews.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending